PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about Barretts

Jamie123
26-09-15, 15:38
I am very worried I have barretts esophagus. For the past year I have had regurgitation (rarely acid). I dont believe I have had heartburn but I may have had it. I am really worried as I know this seems like a precursor to cancer which scares me a lot. My other symptoms are feeling a lump in my throat and when I think about it when eating I feel like my food is getting stuck in my throat. The food I burp is often not acid and often like a liquid which tastes like the food or sometimes water if I have just drunken water but after reading about Barretts I have become really worried.Also I have been clearing my throat consistently for a while which I believe is due to anxiety as it starts when I think about it but this has scared me as I am worried that the clearing of the throat may cause Barretts. I am 20 years old and quite a bit overweight which I am changing. Please any response would be very helpful.

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Just ate felt fine and no reflux and then I kept burping and got acid reflux now freaking out.I also found this- https://gyazo.com/20a7db659c4de299fafdcd8fc08edc8e about LRPD which seems more like what I have than GERD I am so scared. Also the other day after throwing up my throat felt like it was burning quite a lot and I am afraid this could cause precancerous changes in my throat like the link says. Please anyone

Fishmanpa
26-09-15, 22:51
How's therapy going Jamie? I asked about it the beginning of the month...

Its true and I will be getting help

What does your therapist say about your fears?

Positive thoughts

Jamie123
28-09-15, 22:37
Havent seen her in a few weeks since she was in the country I was born in which I no longer live in.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Anyone have anything they can say to give me reassurance. Please I am having a difficult time convincing myself I am not going to get/have a serious disease because of this. I dont have really serious LRPD or GERD as no pain in chest, heartburn and often regurgitation does not feel or taste acidy.

Greenman50
28-09-15, 22:52
Hi Jamie

Been through the same as you ......stop googling symtoms it will worry you sick , been there done that !

Barretts takes many many years of ignored heartburn , lets say 15 years as a ball park figure .

Heartburn if you get it you will know about its like your insides are on fire .

The lump in the throat and feeling food getting stuck is anxiety and your anxiety levels will cause many symtoms .

How do i know this ....

This is what led me to this site in the first place but i got there with stomach meds , btw i,m 50 so old mate .

At age 20 you have nothing to worry about a life style change and a visit to the Docs is all you need mate trust me ,

I know the symtoms are crap and worrying but its ok .

Please please dont google its a load of crap , trust your DR .

:yesyes:

sputnikmoon
29-09-15, 09:19
You say you are quite a bit overweight?

Regurgitation is super common with excess weight as the fat is putting pressure on your stomach, which at the end of the day is just a bag...

Add the fact that you will be over eating or eating the wrong things and there you have the answer to your symptoms.

The human body is not designed to be "quite a bit over weight" the digestive system did not evolve to have stones of excess fat packed around it and then stones of excess fat sitting under the skin.

It's doing its best to digest the food, but you have to address the real morbid issue of what your putting in your body...

Otherwise you'll spend the next 15 years worrying about issues you don't have and then get hit with a REAL issue due to the obesity.