PDA

View Full Version : My health anxiety...

jenni89
26-09-15, 20:45
I started having worse health anxiety early on this year. It all started with chest tightness that eventually led to other weird symptoms.

I have been to the hospital twice, convinced something is wrong with my heart as I have never had such sensations before. I have had Chest x-rays, Chest CT, EKGS, Ultrasound of my heart, bloodwork, etc. And nothing is ever found.

Right now I am dealing with this strange chest tightness. It isn't pain and I am not really short of breath. It's just this strange, constricting sensation across the center of my chest and throat. I feel it as I type this. I also have been having issues with my eyes for over a year and nobody can explain what it is. I see these white blotches as if I looked at something bright and looked away. They come and go in both eyes and I cannot pinpoint what causes them. They do worsen when I bend over, or stand up too quickly. I have always had weird eye issues floaters, blue entopic phenomenon, visual snow etc. With this chest issues, I can't help but feel like I have some circulatory issue and that the spots are because I am not getting enough blood flow to my brain/eyes. I feel as though I will eventually pass out because of it and it really affects my daily life.

Does anybody have any of these symptoms? Or any insight as to what could be going on? I feel like I will never get past this until I get an explanation and Drs never know what may be going on and pass it off as "normal."

Nervous_Nelly
27-09-15, 04:20
Is it possible that it all stems back to your anxiety? My anxiety will start after I have one symptom, one time... Them my anxiety will cause me to have that same symptom over and over again, like tachycardia. Now my heart will race because of my anxiety, but I can always convince myself that it's because of something much worse.

damianjmcgrath
27-09-15, 17:19
I don't have the eye symptoms but I can relate to the chest "weirdness". I experience sensations which aren't really pain but it's a definite feeling or sedation. It's like a pressure or like someone is suddenly squeezing my "heart" or a muscle spasm. I never need painkillers, it only lasts a few seconds but might happen a few times an hour. The problem I struggle with is explaining it to my doctor! Although the last time I was there, he did tell me that if I can't explain it, it's anxiety. If I'm absolutely definite about the pain, he'll be more interested!