PDA

View Full Version : Stabbing pains in chest

Traceypo
27-09-15, 08:07
Hi all, trying to keep my anxiety manageable but I'm struggling. I had an op last week for incision and drainage, on daily dressing changes and all was going well. Yesterday, there was a lot of blood on dressing and I was reassured by nurses that it was normal (it's an open wound). Last night I had stabbing pains in chest everything I was dropping off to sleep. Finally must have slept, but now got that fear again about my heart. Had no heart tests done for about a year (ecg done by paramedic), obs were done in hospital every 4 hours and when my anxiety was under control, I was in perfect ranges.
Why do we get the stabbing pains and racing heart. Anyone with anything similar who can categorically say it is only anxiety?
I don't want to feed my anxiety more with rounds of testing!
Thanks xxx

tiredofthis14
27-09-15, 11:29
I'm suffering from the exact same thing at the moment and I have 2 clear ecgs yesterday it sucks having aniexty hope u feel better soon try not to overthink it x

Traceypo
27-09-15, 11:38
Thanks hun, it just feels so bloody real when it happens. Then I end up stuck in the anxiety cycle with more symptoms, more worries and more anxiety. Haven't had them in ages, but had a rough time lately.
Hope your feeling better soon too.
Xx