PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - please help with positive information about setraline -

sandie
27-09-15, 08:25
Help please - have been put on sertraline 15 days ago, horrible side effects - heightened anxiety and panic attacks, insomnia, shivering, trembling - horrible horrible, horrible.

On Friday GP upped my my dose from 50 to 100 mgs - side effects really bad now and I feel so isolated. Finding it more and more difficult to leave the house and I know this isn't good for me.

Please, please - is there anybody out there who can provide some reassurance.

venusbluejeans
27-09-15, 08:38
Hiya sandie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sandie
27-09-15, 11:12
Is there anybody out there who can help with reassurances about sertraline. These meds are having a serious effect on me.

ilovetrees
27-09-15, 13:24
Hi

I used Sertraline twice. The first time, I gave up on them because I was sweating like mad on a night. The second time, I used for months.

I cannot speak for your own symptoms but all these meds have side effects.

Search for NHS Sertraline to get some reliable information about the drug.

sandie
27-09-15, 19:56
thank you ilovetrees. But did the sertraline work for you ? I am going through the most awful anxiety, but if I know it works, then I can stick with it.

I am also seeing a therapist on Tuesday who spent 90 minutes with me on an initial session and didn't charge me. She was so compassionate. She does counselling, CBT and hypnosis, and has been involve with CRUSE as well as helping support and counselling for the families bereaved by suicide.

I am hoping that the meds, counselling/CBT/hypnosis (suggestion and analytical is available), will all pull together and get me out of this black hole.

But the sertraline at the moment is awful and my anxiety is through the roof. I am also not sleeping very well.

Leah1971
27-09-15, 21:02
Hi Sandy, did the doc give you anything to help with the startup symptoms and also to help you sleep? Something like diazepam would probably help until things settle down.