PDA

View Full Version : Very scared for husband cited really use help

Weasley123
27-09-15, 21:19
I just got over ny fear I had melanoma when I got a benign biopsy result. Then next day my 37 year old husbands health screening info came in the mail. His mom died at 62 of heart disease and had diabetes for years and there's a strong family history. My husband is a bit heavy 215 and he us 5 foot 10 but he is active and his numbers other then BMI were always good before. Noe his numbers are not so good. His blood pressure is 130/70 anything 120 over 80 is pre hypertension. His fasting blood sugar is 112 and over 100 is pre diabetic with 126 or over diabetes. His other numbers were ok. This was a health screen at work and he says in a month or so he will go to dr. He already bikes 2 hrs a day, he commutes by bike. He has decided to start jogging a few times a week. He does push-ups and such most mornings. He's also decided to go on a diet and cut carbs and fats most days of the week and I'm overhauling cooking. Plus he started taking fish oil, Curcumin tablets, cinnamon tablets and apple cider vinegar. He said he'd take low dose aspirin too. He is agreeing to do thus mostly for me as he us not concerned. He never worries and lives day by day. I'm terrified as my worst fear is losing him. I'm afraid it's all genetic and there us nothing we can do or that it's too late. I'm afraid I'll never be free of anxiety again. I'm going to the psychiatrist for the first time in Wednesday.

Traceypo
27-09-15, 21:38
Hi hun, firstly it's great that he is willing to make these changes. I come from a family with a history of diabetes, if it's type 1, there's not a great deal you can do to avoid it. Type 2, you can make lifestyle changes to decrease the risk.
I'm 37 was in hospital last week for minor op. Had my stats taken every four hours and results were different each time, I had elevated blood pressure, low temperature, elevated heart rate. Yet 4 hours later, I would be perfect.
Xx

damianjmcgrath
27-09-15, 21:41
I can't comment on genetic conditions or your specific worries but those numbers aren't terrible results. It's mainly the bottom blood pressure result that doctors look at, and 70 is absolutely normal.

I don't know anything about the particular medical screening he had but a high blood sugar result could be down to anything.

Obviously best off chatting to a doctor about any concerns, but I'd be willing to bet the doctor isn't worried at all. It's good to know your genetic history but so far, his results wouldn't indicate a problem, or even the start of a problem, to me. Note I'm not a doctor and they are the only experts but that's just my opinion based on my individual experience.

Weasley123
27-09-15, 22:00
Thank u. I agree the blood pressure is not awful but the sugar scared me because it us high and when they listed it next to his numbers last year they were so much lower. I feel so guilty because I love to cook and eat and often baked or cooked unhealthy things so I feel this is my fault. I am committed to cooking healthier now with maybe one cheat day but I am scared. I couldn't resist googling and saw scary things like developing diabetes in 5 to 10 years close to 100 percent and 1 in 5 chance of a heart attack. I'm trying not to google but it's so hard. My husband is so calm and willing to make changed were as I, angry and thinking why him