PDA

View Full Version : New here :)

Chrisy
27-09-15, 22:29
Just joined this sight. Wanting to feel some encouragement and less alone. I've had a relapse since discontinuing my meds last June and that was a big mistake. I suffer the most from panic/anxiety attacks right upon waking (4 am ish) it's so hard to curtail the flood of unwanted and intrusive thiughts and before I even know it im sliding down the slope and try as I might go offset with CBT techniques deep breathing, inserting truth where there's lies etc etc...the grip is so powerful that even once it subsides (after a low dose of Klonopin) im left with the feeling of being traumatized and assaulted by my very own mind that lingers throughout the rest of the day. Kills my appetite. Evenings there is a slight reprieve. Can anyone relate? :shrug:

venusbluejeans
27-09-15, 22:41
Hiya Chrisy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Baggs
03-10-15, 22:49
I've crashed after stopping meds, will not make that mistake again. Welcome to NMP and I wish you all the best.