PDA

View Full Version : Being afraid to enter class when you're late

annnaa
28-09-15, 19:25
Hi!
This thought has been stuck in the back of my head since forever. It's basically one out of the million thoughts I worry about everyday, but I'm just wondering if it ever happened to any of you guys??

It hasn't happened recently but it has happened once since I started my new school 3 years ago.

So i was in my first year:
I think this was when i started realizing about my social anxiety, but i surely didn't know what "social phobias" were and etc. (you know it takes quite some time to realize why you feel this way, why it's only at some points,...) And I wasn't actually late! The thought of being late haunted me every morning. But I just came back from an appointment at the eye doctor. First I entered the wrong classroom (:scared15:), which lowered my confidence even more.. :weep: then I found the right class. it took me like 2 minutes before i convinced myself i could not just wait outside till class was over. So i got inside, and said what i prepared at home. "Hello, i was at the eye doctor..." it was so awkward!!! :mad: Oh thinking about it makes me want to cry. and then the teacher started like "oh, are you in my class, really?" I felt myself going red and i hurried to my seat. the entire class started to laugh :unsure: "Uh yes", i said. Ugh ugh ugh :lac:

Ever since that i woke up a half hour earlier than necessary to make sure that i was always on time. I finally got rid of my braces too but every time i notice my vision is getting worse, i don't dare to tell my parents because i'm scared i'll have to go check my eyes this early again :weep:

Anyone had the same experience once??
Xx Anna

SurfingWaves
28-09-15, 20:43
Hi Anna, I know how it feels! I remember quite a few times walking in to class when everyone is sat down and the feeling of everyone looking at me which would often trigger me to go red, it felt horrible but the more I got comfortable with my class mates, the less I cared but I did develop a bit of a rebel attitude too.

Please don't avoid the health appointments, they are far, far more important than saving a minute of embarrassment . Maybe you could time going back in With break time but if not just try go in there with a don't give a crap attitude. Easier said than done sometimes I know!

ray.olsen
17-10-15, 17:07
Hi anna

I'm sorry you have to endure that. It's pretty normal to feel embarrassed whenever you're in that kind of situation although you shouldn't feel compelled to prioritized what other people think more than your health. If your vision is impaired please have it checked. I think that would be a valid excuse for being a bit late in class. If you feel that you're suffering from social anxiety then I would advice you to consult a psychologist or at least the guidance counselor of your school. Tell him/her what you just posted here and I'm sure he/she will help you. Have a nice day. God Bless.