PDA

View Full Version : Stress and anxiety

jadedreams
28-09-15, 20:00
Ok, do you guys have any tips for handling your anxiety (GAD in my case) when outside stressors pop up?

Example, for me I had a pretty good day yesterday - decided to go with the flow and not worry about anxiety, to accept it and keep going. It definitely seemed to help and I had very little anxiety most of day. But then I had two things happen, one my washing machine quit and then my cat got sick, he also didn't eat last night. He did eat some this morning, but is an older cat so now I am all anxious and fearing the worst about his health.

The other stressor I have is a big work project my whole team is working on the next 2-3 days. It will be time intensive and long work hours, we do it every year, but this is the first time my anxiety has been up during it.

So I am trying to figure out how to calm my anxiety with the added stress I currently have the moment. Any ideas? Thanks so much..

RoseD
28-09-15, 20:51
Try and get as much sleep as you can, and only do what you can at work.

Accepting that there is only so much i can do at work has helped. Doing things at my own speed rather than trying to fly around after people and do everything possible helps me deal a little better. I know its not always to everyone else's liking but tough.

Hope it goes well

jadedreams
29-09-15, 18:44
Thanks Rose, the extra work part begins shortly, trying to keep my anxiety down. I know how to do it and am capable, but am worried about my anxiety going up or getting in the way.