PDA

View Full Version : Under cooked Chicken

TheMadOladCoger
28-09-15, 20:55
Hello,

So I just cooked some Chicken wrapped in bacon in some pastry, the packet said to cook for 30 minutes so I cooked it for 35 as I like the pastry a little darker than normal. The pastry looked cooked as it was nice and dark. The thing is the chicken looked slightly pink, does bacon wrapped chicken normally look slightly pink? or have I made a massive mistake in eating it?

Peace

Greenman50
28-09-15, 21:09
Where was it pink in the middle or out side ?

Sometimes chicken legs or breasts the inside some pink sinues are still present even though fully cooked .

Worse case ....mild food poisoning so no real worrys .

I,ve eaten under cooked Chicken at a BBQ ....really under cooked and nothing happened so its not a given it will make you ill anyway .

TheMadOladCoger
28-09-15, 21:14
Hi, it was just slightly pick all over but mainly on the outside, it was hot and no one mentioned it being under cooked but I am a little worried that it was under cooked. I was hoping it was the bacon making it slightly pink.

Peace

Traceypo
28-09-15, 21:22
Bacon does make it slightly pink, I've worried about this before, the tesco one warns you of this on the packet.
X

TheMadOladCoger
28-09-15, 21:29
Thank you, I was hoping that this might be the case and still am hoping that mine only turned slightly pink due to the bacon. I guess I will find out tomorrow but hopefully it was due to the bacon.

Peace

Greenman50
28-09-15, 21:29
There you , Tracy has it sorted :yesyes:

Also pink on the outside , must be the bacon at 35 minutes in the oven the outside would be cooked for sure ,

no worries .