PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma Fear

DaveCH
29-09-15, 15:11
I have lost count of all the symptoms I have had that have been anxiety but my latest thing is all over body itching for the last week. A itch on my leg for example and then my arm then my head and it isn't all the time and gets worse if I concentrate on it. It doesn't really happen at the gym or keep me awake at night. I am worried as I read its a symptom of lymphoma. my lymph nodes aren't swollen and I feel great I trained 6 days last week. I had a full blood count at the end of April that was perfect. Does anyone know what itching is like with lymphoma and is the main symptom large swollen lymph nodes. Spoke to my gp would says anxiety and doesn't feel a new blood test is needed and if it was lymphoma more than likely something would have shown in the blood test in April plus I would have other symptoms. Am I being an anxiety driven lunatic ?

its1111
29-09-15, 18:46
I would like to hear an answer about this as well. For the past week or so, my hands and feet have been rather itchy and I have never experienced that before. My stomach also keeps getting itchy red spots, but not raised. It's not HORRIBLE, but noticeable. I would wonder if the itching related to lymphoma would be a bit more unbearble? As always with health anxiety, we tend to be hyper-aware of our symptoms!

My next question is how do you tell whether a symptom is stemming from anxiety or happens to be something real? If you look up a list of anxiety symptoms, pretty much everything you can imagine is listed. How do you know if it's that one time it's not anxiety related?

Anyway, sorry to expand on your post, but was just having the same fear earlier today!

Lifelonganxiety!
29-09-15, 20:22
It's not really valid to say Lymphoma itching will feel a certain way, because it would be different to every person.

What I can say is that itching is extremely common to anxiety - particularly when it's a symptom you concentrate on. Ask anyone to think that a certain part of their body is itching and they'll be able to make it feel that way. Skin is very sensitive and if you concentrate on a part of it, the nerve signals feel stronger in your mind, and you feel like you're itching.

Take your mind off it for an hour by doing something, then you'll realize the itching is mostly in your head.