PDA

View Full Version : Constant chest heaviness :(

jenni89
30-09-15, 02:19
I have had this pretty constant chest heaviness since about April. I have been to the hospital twice because of it.

There is no pain, no shortness of breath, though it feels like my airways are constricted. It's such a strange feeling that is hard to explain.

It's as if someone has my heart and lungs in their hands and are lightly squeezing them.

I have been terrified of exercise, though I did do a little bit of cardio today. Noticed it after exercise and do notice it while I am on my feet at work. However, I do notice it at rest as well as I feel it at this very moment. :shrug:

The feeling is so terrifying. It has gotten to a point where I am scared to get my heart pumping fast, scared to drive alone. I am scared at work. I am scared to be home alone. I even panic while I am in the shower :weep: I always feel like I am just gonna pass out and die from an undetected heart issue.

Any heart worriers here? Anybody relate? Why is such a strange sensation so darn terrifying?!

DYLCC15
30-09-15, 02:24
Hi again!

How are the eye problems?

I have definitely experienced these symptoms and it is totally anxiety related. I went to the emergency so many times because I thought I had a heart attack or some form of heart disease, but turns out, it was all anxiety!

YOU are okay(:

jenni89
30-09-15, 02:50
Hi again!

How are the eye problems?

I have definitely experienced these symptoms and it is totally anxiety related. I went to the emergency so many times because I thought I had a heart attack or some form of heart disease, but turns out, it was all anxiety!

YOU are okay(:

Eye problems still there, worse some days then others :weep:

Trying to cope with this health anxiety but it is so hard.

DYLCC15
30-09-15, 02:53
Are you still getting the blurred vision? Mine has not stopped.

I am trying so hard to cope with my HA too, and everyone tells me that I am fine physically, but it still boggles me that my anxiety is doing this to me. I've never had my anxiety get to this level before, and I have been going to more therapy......

jenni89
30-09-15, 03:01
Are you still getting the blurred vision? Mine has not stopped.

I am trying so hard to cope with my HA too, and everyone tells me that I am fine physically, but it still boggles me that my anxiety is doing this to me. I've never had my anxiety get to this level before, and I have been going to more therapy......

No blurred vision at the moment, just the weird spots on and off.

I am sure that your recent checkup at the eye doctor caused you to focus more on the issue. Focusing on it constantly will make whatever symptom you are experiencing that much worse.

And that is what I am doing with this weird chest sensation. I am convincing myself that I have coronary artery disease and that because I didn't have certain tests, that something has been missed.

It is hard to believe that anxiety is the culprit and can cause such widespread symptoms, when coronary artery disease, and in your case going blind, makes much more sense lol.

DYLCC15
30-09-15, 03:07
I know, it is unbelievable. I have had so many random symptoms with my anxiety, I could go on list for hours. The whole heart worrying was a main focus of mine for a while, so just to let you know, you're not alone on that. I literally don't know what to think lol. I mean I've been to the eye doctor three times, and still I am convinced they're getting worse. BUT, it's probably the anxiety that is causing all of this bullcrap.

I think the hardest thing for people with anxiety, especially those with HA, to accept is that anxiety can manifest itself in so many different ways.

What's weird about my panic attack associated with my GAD, is that they are all unique in that they all come in a different physical symptom.

We can do this... hopefully! (:

Dyl

pepperutchie
11-10-15, 09:00
Hi Jenni this is what i am going through right now its been weeks already i feel the same thing and its really is making me freak out i want to do some excersise but ive done my stationary bike for a couple of minutes but i feel the tightness so i just stopped for the meantime, i also feel my shoulder and upper back very tight