PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!! Freaking Out

JaeBee
30-09-15, 03:12
Hi, any help would be appreciated. Would you consider it normal when running your finger down the middle of your tongue (not that this behaviour is exactly normal)!!! To feel a slight ridge or possibly two in your tongue. Not a lump, or even a bump my best description is a slight ridge around 1cm in width. The cells on the surface of the tongue appear normal, would you always SEE tongue cancer?? Kind of managed to get myself into a state that I have tongue cancer. I can only feel this I can not see it. Please - any help appreciated!!!!

Amandapanda88
30-09-15, 16:22
Hi there am not really sure about your tongue but I felt a a few small hard things In the inside of my mouth about a year ago completely freak myself out convinced myself I had mouth cancer . Was in a state of worry for weeks and then finally went to the doctors and she was really nice about it and told me it was nothing to be concerned about and it was completely normal . I still have them
I know how scary it is when ur mind jumps to the worst possible cases and it takes a lot of courage to go to a doctor but try not to worry yourself . The chances is its nothing .

Lifelonganxiety!
30-09-15, 17:17
Haha, no I would not consider it normal to be running your finger along your tongue! lol

Seriously though, that sounds perfectly normal to me. I can feel the same thing as you. The body has so many lumps, ridges, soft spots, hard spots, discolorations and so on, you'd go crazy looking for them and thinking the worst. A lot of us on here have done that!

I don't think you have anything to worry about

JaeBee
01-10-15, 08:59
Thank you for your replies, I am fighting the urge not to rush to the dentist (I was only there three weeks ago)!!! This health anxiety sure is a rough road!