PDA

View Full Version : Feels like rock bottom!

Ryanuk
30-09-15, 09:20
Ok so just wanted to come here and vent how I feel, I have suffered with anxiety for around 3 years but manageable and didn't effect my daily life too much. But at the start of this month I was struck down like never before. My anxiety went crazy, literally unable to eat for two weeks, dizziness, can't sleep, racing intrusive thoughts, struggle to get out of bed in the morning+ many more symptoms I'm sure you are all familiar with. The anxiety seems to have faded somewhat but I'm left feeling not myself, no motivation, depressed, feeling like this nightmare will never end and I'm never going to be 'me' again.
I went back to work today( a job I hate )lasted all of half hour before I had to get out and go home. Now here I am lying in bed feeling like this is me for life! I don't know what I'm looking for here really,just people who can relate ,understand and tell me things will get better because right now it doesn't feel like it.

SurfingWaves
30-09-15, 11:11
I have been there. 8 years ago I was the same, I would get about 3 hrs sleep each night and wake each morning and vomiting from the extreme anxiety and intrusive thoughts. Crying in the evenings. I spent my days I work in an unreal daze, zero motivation to carry on . it was that bad I thought I was going insane and would never get better. I was like this for 2 months until I started on a low dose of anti depressants and read a book called the power of now. I read up on OCD forums and figured I was suffering 'pure O' and I could start making sense of it all. I practiced what i read in my book each day and combined with the meds it pulled me right back. I was able to stop the meds after 3 months and didn't have another episode that severe again.

I can assure you it won't last forever and if you practice accepting anxiety/intrusive thoughts and reading up on mindfulness it will help a lot.

Take care