PDA

View Full Version : my head hurts

xofeatherxo
30-09-15, 11:33
My neck, shoulders, and base of my skull all feel really tight and sore since some time yesterday. But usually when I go to sleep with a tension headache it's gone by morning. It's 6 am and I still have it, and I think it's worse.

I hate headaches so much, they freak me out more than anything. Pain near my most vital and precious organ? Noooo. :(

So of course my mind immediately goes to brain tumor. And then it also considers an aneurysm. Neck pain and slight stiffness also makes me consider meningitis, but it could also just be muscle tension. I witnessed a car/motorcycle accident yesterday (the guy's ok but holy crap was it terrifying to see) and maybe I'm still carrying some tension from that without realizing it. "Tense? No I'm not tense" I say through my clenched jaw as my fists shake and my shoulders rise nearly to my ears... Lol. I'm so bad at recognizing when I'm tense. But meningitis tho. And my cat scratched me pretty badly yesterday, so I'm also considering the possibility that he gave me some weird disease. There's a few scratches on my amr that are really red and just a tiny bit swollen... :(

I hate headaches. They hurt and even if they're usually not dangerous, the fact that they're so close to something so important makes them FEEL dangerous. I have a hard time accepting that, if you don't have other symptoms, a headache is probably just a headache. I'm going to go take a pain pill and lie on the couch and try not to think about it. :(

hopeful927
30-09-15, 18:11
Yes, you need to train yourself to think about what is reasonable or rational. I struggle with Health Anxiety, and I skip the thousands of things it probably is and go straight to brain tumor. Have you tried cognitive behavioral therapy? I am reading a book called mind over mood and it gives you great strategies to overcome our thinking patterns. You can get it on amazon.