PDA

View Full Version : Could I get HIV this way?

ThePerfctSky
01-10-15, 09:59
So I work in a hotel cleaning the rooms. I cut my finger last night and its only half healed over still a little open i have no bandaid over it and I got a little bit of a guests blood from dental floss while emptying the bin on my hand I rinsed it off with hot water. I dont think it went near my cut and i dont know if this guest even has HIV but obviously now I am panicking thinking something got into my blood too. Can you get HIV this way? What are the chances?

sial72
01-10-15, 12:46
No, I tried to copy and paste something I read from an official HIV page but it wouldn't let me.
But it basically said NO

ThePerfctSky
01-10-15, 13:14
Thank You. I appreciate your effort and your reply :)

Pepperpot
01-10-15, 13:26
HIV is found in blood and other body fluids of an infected person, such as semen and vaginal fluids. HIV can only be transmitted between two people if one of them is already infected.HIV cannot live for long outside the body, so to be infected with HIV the body fluids from an infected person must get inside your body (contact with saliva has never been known to transmit HIV). The virus can enter the body via contact with the bloodstream or by passing through delicate parts of the body (mucous membranes), such as inside the vagina, rectum or urethra.

I got this from an official site. You'll be fine x