PDA

View Full Version : Nonsense thoughts trying to go to sleep and upon waking

anxious1980
01-10-15, 10:00
Hi Guys

I need some help as feel like I am going mad past few weeks :wacko: I have had numerous blood tests at the Dr's only showing low ferritin which is at a level of 12.

A bit of background on myself - 8 weeks ago I had no problems with anxiety or sleep until developing an inner ear problem resulting in dizziness when laying down - hence the start of my insomnia.

My main problem at the moment is actually being able to get to sleep, my thoughts are all over the show which is a little scary as I have never had that before. For example this morning having taking a Temazepam last night I woke sweating and randomly thinking what I can only call rubbish - that little inner voice with randomly having conversations it could be about car insurance then flicked to something I saw on Facebook. It just never seems to calm down when trying to sleep.

Of course I think this is made worse by lack of sleep as have had very little over the past 3 weeks. I feel that it is anxiety - other symptoms upon waking are dry heaving, a little shaky in my hands and when laid in muscles twitching.

I guess I am after some reasuarance, my Dr has said that he may be willing to try anti anxiety meds (which I am not keen on if can be avoided) but I would need to take them for a minimum of 6 months. Do you think this could help or do any of you guys get nonsense thoughts upon waking. I just do not want to feel alone.

I went to a counsellor yesterday to try and resolve if there are under lying issues to this anxiety which seemed to help and I felt very relaxed however this morning back to square one. I worry constantly that something must be really wrong which I guess is only fuelling my anxiety if that is what it is.

Sorry for the essay and thanks in advance.

sammie13s
01-10-15, 19:30
I have this. It's very frightening. I just try to put it down to sleep drunk ness xx

SurfingWaves
01-10-15, 21:20
I had this a week ago for about 3 nights straight. Would wake up with completely random stuff going thru my head. Stuff that didnt even make sense like a talk show playing in my mind, none of it seemed to even relate to things in my life! I put it down to adjusting to my new medication (Citalopram 10mg)