PDA

View Full Version : At wit's end

Tommyyy
01-10-15, 22:50
Hi all,

I haven't visited this site much in the last two years but I am at wits' end with IBS-like symptoms and anxiety.

I had an accident at work about 8 weeks ago. It was quite a stressful time and my IBS symptoms started to flare up.

I was first diagnosed with IBS about 6 years ago (I was 16). Looking back now, the flare ups have got progressively worse since I was first diagnosed and I have also suffered periods of bad anxiety and panic attacks. About two years ago I started noticing blood on my toilet paper after going to the bathroom and I was diagnosed with piles. Since then, I have suffered with piles every couple of months. Nowadays, I have constant diarrhea and live on the wonder-drug Loperamide (immodium).

I have just been diagnosed with piles again and I have asked my doctor to further investigate it because I don't understand how someone in their early 20s can suffer from hemorrhoids as often as I do. I have had blood tests done, which came back fine (apart from confirming Gilbert's Syndrome). Now I have just done the faecal calprotectin test and I'm waiting to hear the results. The doctor thinks I have an IBD but I went through testing two years ago and it came back negative.

I am so worried that all my tests will come back negative again and I will be stuck with my IBS diagnosis. My employer is extremely unsympathetic in regards to IBS - despite them knowing about my condition and that I have been signed off by my doctor. They are currently investigating my absence and trying to find patterns in my absence. I have been for meetings and they have made me feel like my condition is trivial and that I've just been pulling sickies because I don't want to go in. They can't imagine what it's like to have constant diarrhea, pain and fatigue!

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered problems at work or if anyone else with IBS-D suffers from rectal bleeding?

WiganLad
02-10-15, 01:25
Wish I could help mate I do have bits of blood on toilet paper that's due to wiping hard I am a really bad IBS sufferer since I was 18 I am 27 now garlic does me in badly I cripple up in pain then pass rusty water tmi