PDA

View Full Version : shopping centre progress

jrussell
12-02-07, 23:09
Hi, am really pleased today. Went to the dreaded shopping centre, it was v busy, but managed to get down the stairs, across to the escalator, went up and down these several times and managed to go into the enterance of a few shops.

I always feel like a dodgy shoplifter or something, like security are watching my strange behaviour!

I pushed my boundary a cpl of steps further which I'm chuffed about.

I started to have a panic attack in one of the shops and went to flee, but stopped myself and calmed down.

Am goin to bed tonight exhausted but feeling I achieved something.

Work, kids and battling this is exhausting, I'm usually in bed by 9! but am finding this site really interesting, supportive and its great not having to explain how hard it is or what a sense of achievement is felt by the smallest accomplishment, I know you all understand x

Goodnight and lets see what tomorrow brings

wobily_lin
13-02-07, 12:04
WONDERFUL..WELL DONE YOU..HOPE TODAY IS JUST AS GOOD.X

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

Piglet
13-02-07, 12:12
As one who also finds shopping a challange I want to say a very big well done!! :D:D:D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

trac67
13-02-07, 12:38
Brilliant news, well done you :D

Onwards and upwards from now on

Love

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

heths
13-02-07, 12:52
Well done, that's great. [8D] :D

Heather x

Southern_Belle
14-02-07, 16:34
Great job, I know it is exhausting but look at what you did! You should be very proud of yourself and hoping today brings further achievements.

Hugs,

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

manmoor
15-02-07, 08:39
A big well done you. xxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

mazz
17-02-07, 09:18
Ahh well done to you ..baby steps and we get there eh !!!!
Mazz

Jaco45er
17-02-07, 09:30
Dodgy shoplifter lol that made me chuckle

Aren't all shoplifters a touch dodgy? ;)

I used to get really bad in Supermarkets, couldn't think straight and struggling to breath, so I too looked like a dodgy shoplifter (wondered why alarms went off when I left the shop).

Apparantly, its due to a combination of a big open space, bright lights and too many people so I was told. When the body is sensitised with anxiety, all the info from what you are seeing rushing to your brain overwhelms you.

Sounds like a plausible theory to me.

Anyway, well done J, not fleeing when you get a panic attack is one of the keys to overcoming anxiety in the long run.

nomorepanic
01-03-07, 14:28
Well done!

What great progress

Wenjoy
01-03-07, 19:29
Hey you - well done!!!! I am the same - I hate shopping centres, queues etc etc - jjust gotta sit tight and not run away - easier said than done!!! Wenjoy x