PDA

View Full Version : Talking therapies call

littlelostsoul
02-10-15, 12:12
So today at 10~30 i should have had a talking therapies call, i had a text the other day reminding me.
im still waiting. I am right in thinking somone was ringing me? I have tried to ring them just 10 minutes ago and there is no answer. im so frustrated, i want to get better and i want to get the support but this just gives me a bad feeling if they dont even ring me

nomorepanic
02-10-15, 12:26
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Pepperpot
03-10-15, 00:44
Yeah they ring you.
Did you get a hold of them? x

MyNameIsTerry
03-10-15, 06:39
Thats pretty unprofessional of them. Even if your caller was sick, they usually are working for a charity or company so they should get someone to call around...basic in the private sector when it comes to meetings.

There could be a good reason, but yes they should have called you. I had this with mine once and she said she was over running on early telephone appointments but she had the professionalism to call ahead to let people know to see if they minded a later start.

Give them another call or email them to chase it up.

ricardo
03-10-15, 07:44
There are just too many places on the Internet all offering various services,you just don't know if what they say is true, just like the majority of adverts on TV when they say 93% of burglars won't go near your home if you have a certain make of alarm fitted. It's all tosh, even when they say they are endorsed by so and so.

I looked around the web yesterday and type in agroaphobia, or anxiety or depression and you will find on FB alone close on 50 different sites, some open some closed, some with less than 10 members others with thousands.

I have said it a hundred times,we are very vunerable people and sometimes desperate for help so we believe anything, imo keep it face to face then you make an accurate judgement.

littlelostsoul
05-10-15, 08:11
Yeah they ring you.
Did you get a hold of them? x

I finally got hold of them at 3, they apologised but gave no reason for not ringing me, they've rearranged my appointment for this Friday but it really feels like a step back for me, I feel like looking else where for support but then this would take longer so im in a catch 22. Just have to wait and see if they remember to ring me on Friday....:unsure:

---------- Post added at 08:11 ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 ----------

There are just too many places on the Internet all offering various services,you just don't know if what they say is true, just like the majority of adverts on TV when they say 93% of burglars won't go near your home if you have a certain make of alarm fitted. It's all tosh, even when they say they are endorsed by so and so.

I looked around the web yesterday and type in agroaphobia, or anxiety or depression and you will find on FB alone close on 50 different sites, some open some closed, some with less than 10 members others with thousands.

I have said it a hundred times,we are very vunerable people and sometimes desperate for help so we believe anything, imo keep it face to face then you make an accurate judgement.

This was Mind who were ringing me, my doctor had given me the number, just have to wait and see if they ring me on Friday

pulisa
05-10-15, 08:40
The thing is it's a long time until Friday for someone in distress and in need of support when pre-arranged. It's just not good enough in my book and I'm sorry that you have to wait.

littlelostsoul
05-10-15, 10:28
Thank you pulisa, they initially weren't going to be able to offer me another call for 2 weeks, I stood my ground and said there was no way I could wait that long

pulisa
05-10-15, 12:45
Good for you for standing your ground. A further 2 week wait would have been unacceptable. I hope that your call on Friday actually happens and is beneficial to you.

benji80
05-10-15, 15:36
If it is anything like the therapist call I had then it isn't worth waiting for. I had one three weeks ago and all that was discussed was the various therapy options. I opted for computerised cbt. I was then told there was a long waiting list and I would be looking at a five week wait. It is pitiful the amount of funding the nhs gets for this sort of thing. Whilst I am trying to get by and some day are difficult, I do realise that there are some who are probably in a worse situation than me. The only other option is to go private but not everyone can afford that.

MyNameIsTerry
06-10-15, 06:33
2 weeks?! :doh: They miss the call and then push you back up the queue :doh: I would expect better from a charity!

---------- Post added at 06:33 ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 ----------

If it is anything like the therapist call I had then it isn't worth waiting for. I had one three weeks ago and all that was discussed was the various therapy options. I opted for computerised cbt. I was then told there was a long waiting list and I would be looking at a five week wait. It is pitiful the amount of funding the nhs gets for this sort of thing. Whilst I am trying to get by and some day are difficult, I do realise that there are some who are probably in a worse situation than me. The only other option is to go private but not everyone can afford that.

CCBT is incredibly cheap, the costs will be the support worker for the remote email support. They will unlikely be a therapist though, more likely a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP) as CCBT is in Level 2 services.

If you want to try private in the meantime, there are free CCBT programmes around as well as pretty cheap ones like CBT4PANIC. If it's the Fearfighter one the NHS offer, there costs for that for private seem pretty high to me considering all the competition is undercutting them quite substantially.

There are other NICE approved CCBT programmes though that are free.

Do you know which one it was? I can post you a few names of programmes if needed.

littlelostsoul
06-10-15, 08:24

Benji80 thank you for your honesty... made me realise that I've given this call a high expectation so your reply has brought me down to earth. its a shame that they just stick us all on waiting lists not realising the difficulties we go through. I like you have difficult days and some not so bad but I asked for help because I wanted to move forward and stop letting my past control my thoughts. I wasn't stupid I knew it wouldn't take 1 phone call but if they are going to put me on a waiting list.... again.... it sucks. Stay strong Benji80

littlelostsoul
09-10-15, 10:19
Well today's the day that I should get my talking therapies call, lets see if they ring me today, fingers and toes crossed

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

Well my hope has just died, Mind have just rang me to say that the lady who was ringing me is poorly. so that's 1 call that's I didn't get and 1 call been cancelled. I thought Mind were a good support agency to use and it just seems that they couldn't give a crap

littlelostsoul
13-10-15, 12:04
So as it stands im still waiting, 3 call appointments either just missed or cancelled, wahey, thanks for that Mind. Simply fed up with it now,

pulisa
13-10-15, 13:10
That's just not acceptable. I'm really sorry.....but not surprised. Have you any other options? I'd complain bitterly about the lack of a promised service-it makes a mockery of their claims to help and support.

littlelostsoul
13-10-15, 21:00
My doctor gave me a leaflet with different service providers and I chose Mind because I thought with them being well known they would be good. Clearly not will be ringing another service provider and hopefully get the ball rolling with them

MyNameIsTerry
14-10-15, 08:28
Yes, I would complain about that. MIND are being used to provide Guided Self Help & CBT therapy levels in some areas and members of Rethink to. I had mine through a charity that is a member of the Rethink network. It could be that the charity dealing with you is affiliated with MIND as opposed to MIND themselves and you can check this on their website. If they are affilialates, I would complain straight to MIND about it and get them to sort them out. If it's MIND direct then the same really but it's really not good enough.

Fair enough, the person calling was sick and they let you know. Thats fine. But why has this person missed two other appointments? Thats just rude and poorly managed. It could just be the mismanagement of a local manager, a poor therapist, etc so I don't think you should judge MIND on the strength of it unless you understand the reasons behind it but I would be just as annoyed if I were in your position.

My charity messed me around a bit by stating I needed CBT but I couldn't have it without having Guided Self Help first even though the assessor admitted it wouldn't be much use. I was desperate and wanted any help I could get. At the end of it they told me I had to wait 3 months for CBT despite me having Guided Self Help for 6 weeks. So, I complained to my GP as I thought it was ludicrous & bureaucratic to only put me on a waiting list now when they knew this. He referred to the Community Mental Health Team, the next level up, who said their wait was a minimum 12 months. The nurse rang the manager for the charity who refused to speed it up as there was no one available. The nurse said she would make some enquiries and within 24hrs I had an appointment in a weeks time!

Something that annoyed me too was thhat whilst this was going on I started looking for a private therapist as I said to my GP I didn't mind if I could fill in the gap and make a start. He was fine with this. The charity had said use the BACP register. I looked to find a lady on their currently accepting private clients who was part of this damn charity! I can't fault them for communication though and once the therapists were allowed to get on with it, they were very helpful. For me, it was just bureaucratic management above them tieing their hands.