PDA

View Full Version : Blood test results

littlelostsoul
02-10-15, 12:17
So the doc aked for bloods to betaken, the results came back that my cholestorol was high, the doc arranged for me to see the nurse for a "healthy heart check". I went today (already frustrated because talking therapies hadnt rang me) and the nurse said what are you here for? i said a healthy heart check, she replies you cant you have to be 40! im like right well the doc said thats what i needed to do. so she makes me feel tiny so so tiny because im at an appointment im not old enough for! she does general checks bp, pulse, weight and sends me away with loads of books to read. my records show how old i am so why do poeple make simple mistakes like sending me to something im to young for!

nomorepanic
02-10-15, 12:26
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

ilovetrees
02-10-15, 16:55
It can be very easy to be annoyed by such things when you're not at your best.

I'd say that there are some things that you could do to move forward though.

If you'd still like the check anyway, perhaps you could just leave a polite message for the GP asking if one could still be done just to ease your mind ?

My GP has a cardiac (and probably stroke) risk calculator on his computer. Based on a few quick questions, you get a score which can be used to decide if, say statins would be a sensible option.

Another good thing is that you're less than 40 years of age and not 53 like me :)

littlelostsoul
05-10-15, 08:14
It can be very easy to be annoyed by such things when you're not at your best.

I'd say that there are some things that you could do to move forward though.

If you'd still like the check anyway, perhaps you could just leave a polite message for the GP asking if one could still be done just to ease your mind ?

My GP has a cardiac (and probably stroke) risk calculator on his computer. Based on a few quick questions, you get a score which can be used to decide if, say statins would be a sensible option.

Another good thing is that you're less than 40 years of age and not 53 like me :)

Thank you for your reply, it was just one of those days where everything went tits up haha. I'm back at the doctors today for a medication review so I will ask if he is wanting more bloods or not. Felling less annoyed about it today :-)

ohwell123
07-11-15, 13:12
whats wrong with having your heart checked? and once again we have a nurse belittling a doctor sorry they make my blood boil

paramedics were great and reassuring to me and when I got to hospital the nurse basically said I wouldn't listen to what they say there just paramedics..... lol great