PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam or Lorazepam for my wedding?

Worried_Male
02-10-15, 12:35
Long time social/health anxiety sufferer here, and to cut a long story short it's my wedding tomorrow. It's supposed to be the best day of my life but tbh I'm dreading it.

I'm bricking it as I'm not good with crowds, especially when said crowd is focused on me.

I only take 40mg citalopram, won't be able to get a drs appointment now so a friend give me 2 lorazepam and a Diazepam. What would be better for me to take tomorrow?

jayb1
02-10-15, 16:35
Congratulations on your wedding . your nerves are expected to be in overdrive . unless you've been prescribed lorazepam or diazepam by your gp don't take either. Lorazepam will make you feel out of it and you'll not remember one of the most important days of your life. Hang in there ,all eyes will be on your beautiful bride and you will have a lovely day . breathe in slowly for 4 counts and out for 10 counts, focus on your future wife and let the rest blur into the background . best wishes

Worried_Male
02-10-15, 18:26
Congratulations on your wedding . your nerves are expected to be in overdrive . unless you've been prescribed lorazepam or diazepam by your gp don't take either. Lorazepam will make you feel out of it and you'll not remember one of the most important days of your life. Hang in there ,all eyes will be on your beautiful bride and you will have a lovely day . breathe in slowly for 4 counts and out for 10 counts, focus on your future wife and let the rest blur into the background . best wishes

Thank you for the advice, and whilst I agree with you for the most part, not taking something is not an option for me.

Even at the rehearsal I was sweating profusely, felt sick and like I was going to pass out, and there was only a handful of people there. With the church full it will be much worse.

wabbit1
02-10-15, 21:56
Diazepam is longer acting.

Whatever you take you should not drink with it. Especially as it is your first time. You don't want to get so affected by the drugs and alcohol that you end up ruining it.

Maybe take the diazepam tonight as it will still be working tomorrow. If it's not helping then take a lorazepam.

Hope you have a great day tomorrow and I'm sure that once the ceremony is over you'll be fine.

Worried_Male
02-10-15, 23:07
Diazepam is longer acting.

Whatever you take you should not drink with it. Especially as it is your first time. You don't want to get so affected by the drugs and alcohol that you end up ruining it.

Maybe take the diazepam tonight as it will still be working tomorrow. If it's not helping then take a lorazepam.

Hope you have a great day tomorrow and I'm sure that once the ceremony is over you'll be fine.

Thank you.

bernie1977
03-10-15, 03:04
Just want to wish you good luck for tomorrow.

I agree with what wabbit1 said

Worried_Male
03-10-15, 09:38
Thank you everyone.

ricardo
03-10-15, 09:45
I agree don't take anything, why spoil your greatest day. Try some calming breathing exercises and worst way if you feel a bit anxious try and go outside for a few minutes and also if the feelings of anxiety start, try to focus on something that is connected with your big day.Good luck.