PDA

View Full Version : New here need a ton of Advice

rossvic
02-10-15, 16:28
A little bit about my background, I had suffer mild anxiety through my life and after I had my first child I had my first and bad episode, I was diagnose with very bad post partum depression (11 year ago) after this I had been taking antidepressant all this time. On April I had a health scare, that I thought I was going to die. My Anxiety level went to the highest and I was having anxiety attacks three days in a row. After, everything turnout fine I though ok everything is good now this is going to be away but didn't I continue having bad thoughts about dying. I wouldn't sleep thru the night. Also, I soon my alarm went off, My anxiety attacks started and negative thinking started too. So my Primary Dr. prescribe me Ativan but I was so afraid of taking it that I didn't take it until I went to my Psychiatric and work so good calm down and kept those negative thought away, make feel like myself again. The dosage is super low and that I wont be forever, so far I only had take .5 once I day but yesterday I took twice the Psychiatric also told me that was ok too. To make things a little bit interesting, I realize that my type of anxiety is Health and also make sense because my anxiety start when I think I might have a something that I would die for. Right, now Im going to therapy, my Dr Switch me to Zoloft because I was taking Celexa but stop working. Im on the 3rd week and I feel that is working but I still get very anxious every morning. It make me hope that there is people like me because I'm a divorced mom of 2 and need all the support that I can get, because I want to get better so bad and being the happy and worry free person that used to be :)

venusbluejeans
02-10-15, 16:33
Hiya rossvic and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

rossvic
02-10-15, 16:59
Thank you!! Venusbluejeans I will:)

Baggs
03-10-15, 10:28
Welcome to NMP - lots of support here. I wish you all the best.

rossvic
04-10-15, 19:38
Thank you Baggs, I'm very happy that I found this forum. Some of my concern had been answer and I have at least some sense of relieve :D