PDA

View Full Version : convinced i am dying. like really sure.

Alamie
03-10-15, 15:47
been on patoprazole for almost 2 months now for heartburn/reflux. I'm on 40mg and it is there constantly. all the frigging time. i am also losing weight but not sure if that is due to my lack of appetite. I am still eating but not as much as i was.
totally convinced i have stomach or osopahegus cancer :( waiting on my appointment through the post for an endoscopy but shitting my pants. i can't die :(

2Anxious
03-10-15, 17:49
Have you tried altering your diet? I used to have absolutely horrendous acid reflux but I cut out all fatty/fried foods, fizzy drinks, sweets etc and take a small mouthful of gaviscon if it's acting up. It's reduced by about 95%.

Gaviscon never used to touch it before I changed my diet.

sial72
03-10-15, 19:42
As above, change in diet helps soooo much with reflux x

CeeCeeCee
03-10-15, 21:39
It does, also with other stomach issues. I'm sick of the sight of beige food but it seems to be helping until I know what is causing the problem. Bland, bland, bland is the best way and then start introducing other food back into your diet.

Alamie
04-10-15, 09:11
what should i cut out and what should i eat? i am sick of it it's literally 24/7 now no rest from it from waking to sleeping it's there. my stomachs tender all the time and i have loose stools quite a bit too :/ i'm just concerned as I'm on 40mg pantoprazole and my doctor said she is concerned that it's not taking it away :( thanks guys x

CeeCeeCee
04-10-15, 22:17
You might just need a change of medication, or maybe a second med like Buscopan to help cramps or some Gaviscon in between tablets. Massaging your tummy anti clockwise can relieve the pain to. Hope you feel better soon.