PDA

View Full Version : Severe anxiety

Flowerpot88
03-10-15, 17:04
Hi all,

I've been suffering from anxiety on and off for the past 7 years. Until a few weeks ago I hadn't had an attack in a very long time. Now they are a daily occurrence and starting to interfere with my life - causing me to walk out of restaurants and cry at my desk.

Today is my birthday and I have been taken away by my wonderful boyfriend and family for the weekend. However instead of enjoying myself I'm sobbing my heart out in the hotel room convinced I'm going to die.

Standard symptoms - racing heartbeat, irregular heartbeat, feeling like heart is going to stop. Then scared I'm going to have a brain haemorrhage. You really couldn't make this up.

Just want to know I'm not alone

Rennie1989
03-10-15, 17:54
You're not alone, it's the anxiety that's kicking in. Tell your boyfriend how you're feeling and go out tonight, somewhere easy. Don't let the anxiety ruin your birthday and let your boyfriend and his family spoil you, you deserve it.

RosieBelle
03-10-15, 19:01
Hi :)
You're definitely not alone hun. I get the whole racing heart thing, but please don't worry as it's just the physical symptoms of the anxious thoughts. I know it feels like we're going to collapse, have a heart attack etc...but it really is just the anxiety. You're NOT going to die - I know it's hard but you have to remind yourself that there is nothing wrong with you and that you're not going to die. In fact, nothing bad will happen at all.
This is just a blip you're having at the moment, and it will pass soon, as it has done before.
Do something to help you relax - take a bath, listen to music, do some relaxation techniques, talk to friends etc... and keep yourself distracted. Just let the physical symptoms happen and tell yourself that it's just the sensations from the anxiety and it isn't going to hurt you.

Take care, :hugs:

dally
03-10-15, 19:13
Hi,
I'm sorry this is happening to you at all, but especially on your birthday.
A racing heart is 'just' excessive adrenaline.
You will not die
You will not collapse.
To burn of the adrenaline. Try to do some excercise. Perhaps go for a brisk walk.
And also do some deep breathing which will bring your blood oxygen /co2 levels back to normal.
Do please try to go out for your birthday. Life is for making memories from good times.
Xx