PDA

View Full Version : return to work anxiety

toria
03-10-15, 18:42
Hi I was after some advice please I went back to work last week after been off work for 4 yrs I left to raise my children but now I have had to go back full time which I haven't worked full time for 10 yrs since I had my first child, I have suffered with anxiety for a long time but since going back last week I have felt very anxious I feel ok on the morning but as day goes on I start feeling like I'm not really there out of it bit woozy lightheaded things a bit hazy I feel very tired but that could be my low ferritin on iron tabs, I just feel not right but hard to explain does this sound like anxiety I have been dreading going back and have lots of other things going on so do feel very overwhelmed just scared it's something bad or does it sound like anxiety, thanks for reading toria.x

dally
03-10-15, 19:22
Hi tori a,
I have had very low ferritin levels in the past, to an extent that I could only Hoover one room without having to sit down for an hour!!
So I know what it can be like.
Hopefully you are not that bad.
Unfortunately, the weakness, lightheaded etc are def all symptoms of anxiety too.

If your blood levels are not too bad, or borderline normal, then it will be anxiety.
When you feel lightheaded, and dizzy it will be that your are hyper breathing.
Do some deep breaths for a few mins Infor 4 out for 8, until you can gradually extend the breaths.

toria
03-10-15, 19:31
Hi thanks for your reply, she did say my level was very low and have just started iron tablets last week so it could be that on top of my anxiety I will certainly try the breathing technique, thank you x