PDA

View Full Version : Here i am back again :(

bluetopazgirl
03-10-15, 21:57
Hi All,

some of you will remember me, some of you wont..

I have lived with anxiety for around 16 years. but only started with health anxiety around 5years ago. to cut a long story short... due to having lost someone very close to a blood cancer, I fear Lymphoma because of two swollen nodes I have on the left side of my neck. one is bottom of the neck, the other is under the Jaw bone. I finally beat health anxiety and have been doing so well, till yesterday... I have found a small lump at the back of my head. At first I thought maybe it was a spot brewing but then it popped into my head it could actually be another Node. Googled of course :wacko: and yes a node location. Panic set in again and has overwhelmed me. its in the middle of the back of my head and level with the middle of my ear if this make's sense so it's not the neck, its on the skull, has anyone else experienced this and it hasn't been a lymph node? should I be not worried at this moment as only noticed it 24hours ago?

I had been doing so well. This Lymph Node business really frightens me.

:scared15:

Wanderlust
04-10-15, 22:13
Hi, sorry to hear about your long term anxiety! I have been on the road for a similar length of time, its lightening to hear that you had success beating it! :)

I have definitely had glands swollen around that area for sure, those ones tend to be quite small, with larger ones behind the ears and around the jaw line. I have also been guilty of thinking the worst with them.

Give it a week or two, they can take some time to go down, and dont poke it too much, that can keep it swollen (from my personal experience, no medical backing for that).
Unless the whole chain of glands is swollen for a long time and you have serious other symptoms then I dont think there is any reason to worry about the worst case scenario, but of course, if it worries you book in to see your doc :)