PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety is very very high right now!!!

oscar1
03-10-15, 22:13
It just kicked in about half an hour ago. I'm in a hotel room with two friends and they are ready for bed but I know if I try to go to bed now it won't make me feel any better. Please help!!!!

Bookcrazy
03-10-15, 22:40
Can you leave and go for a short walk? Some fresh air does wonders!
Or even maybe go down to the bar if they have one? xx

oscar1
03-10-15, 22:48
They don't have a bar. And I'm not sure about going for a walk. It's midnight here and I don't want to be walking around by myself in a strange neighbourhood.

Kimmieblue
03-10-15, 22:53
Hi there,
Sorry you're feeling anxious tonight, try some deep breathing to calm yourself, lie down and imagine yourself somewhere wonderful, on a beautiful beach or in a forest with trees rustling and the sun dipping in and out of the branches.
I always try this before I let the panic in, sometimes it can help.
All the best for a good night and a better day tomorrow.

Bookcrazy
03-10-15, 22:55
Well how about even just standing outside for a couple of minuets?
Are you feeling any calmer than 40 minuets ago? xx

oscar1
03-10-15, 23:00
I have some diazepam. But Im not sure I want to take it. It wasn't prescribed to me, but too a friend, who gave me 5 tablets before my holiday just I case I needed them. I haven't taken any yet, because I've been feeling absolutely fine. But I don't really want to take them because they were not prescribed to me.

dally
04-10-15, 01:24
I agree you should not walk outside at this time for night in an unfamiliar neighbourhood.
If the anxiety does not abate, perhaps you could walk up and down the stairs of the hotel, to burn off ur adrenaline.
Also try distraction. Play a game on your mob.
When you are ready to try to sleep, try listening to a sleep or relaxation download.
Or do that just now. They do work.

If all else fails, as a last resort, take a Valium.
(Providing you haven't been drinking)
What strength are they?
2-4mg should help you

Let me s know how you are

oscar1
04-10-15, 02:44
I fell asleep for about an hour or so, but have woken up feeling as bad as ever!!