PDA

View Full Version : Panic and anxiety

Sewingbird
04-10-15, 00:45
Hi all, I was on sertraline for two years after struggling to cope with everyday stresses. In May I kept forgetting to take them as my anxieties and panic attacks were virtually non existent. My GP said I might as well stop taking them as the one or two 50mg tablets I took when I did remember, wouldn't be having much of an effect. So, after being off them completely for 4 months, tonight I had a major panic/anxiety attack, palpitations, feeling hot, tingling arms, waves of panic.....just awful!!! I knew I should be going back on them a couple of weeks ago when I was finding it a struggle coping with working full time and being mum and finding things really stressed me out to borderline irrational! So I found this website and I'm so glad I did. I know I'm not alone with this and as I had sertraline left over, I've taken one tonight and will be phoning me GP Monday morning to say I'm going back on them! Would rather take them, then feel like that. Thanks for listening if anyone's read this.....does anyone relate to my story? :wacko:

javier
07-10-15, 03:23
I also took sertaline for but for a week though. My anxiety and panic attacks were so bad I dropped out of highschool my senior year. I started seeing a therapist and little by little I started getting better. I recently went back to a special self paced school to finish my credits and every thing was alright. Today though I felt really anxious. Maybe because my lack of sleep and the three cups of coffee. Any way some ways that help me deal with anxiety is working out. Also try eating healthy. Your not alone.