PDA

View Full Version : Internal vibration - anxiety? does anyone else have this symptom

cloverleaf
04-10-15, 09:10
I have been having a constant internal vibration feeling in my legs for 9 months now and a similar sensation in my chest and arms. I also have muscle twitching. I often wake at night and feel like i am shaking all over and can also feel like this during the day. I've seen three neurologists so far. All tests have come back clear. The last neurologist diagnosed me as having anxiety. The thing is, that I don't feel particularly anxious, not compared to how I have been in the past. The sensation is of course anxiety provoking, especially in the beginning when I was being tested for serious illnesses. Over the last few months I have done many things to reduce my anxiety/stress. I have pretty much just tried to ignore it and carry on as normal. And I do feel much less anxious about it, however it is still there on a daily basis. I generally don't notice it if i'm busy but its always there when I'm sitting unoccupied or lying down at night. Does anyone else experience this?? If it is anxiety what should I do next?? Medication? Psychologist? Many thanks

2Anxious
04-10-15, 16:12
I've had internal vibrations for the past 6+ months. I can pretty much always feel it in my legs to some degree. Sometimes it's sort of a small 'buzz' but then sometimes it feels like my legs are literally wobbling everywhere inside.

I have seen this as a complaint from quite a lot of people with anxiety but mine seems to be different. Can you ever physically feel yours? I can't feel them in my legs but I can literally feel my chest wobbling, but it's separate from my heart beat. I can also feel it in my neck arteries when it's bad.

It's usually at its worst when I'm in that 'just drifting off to sleep' mode. It also seems to be worse if I'm trying to sleep on my right. If if roll over or get up and move it seems to calm down quite a bit. At times though it literally feels like my whole body is vibrating pretty violently. I feel it in legs, hands, chest, arms, neck.

Really weird.

cloverleaf
04-10-15, 21:05
Your sensation sounds quite similar to mine, in that its predominately in my legs and the buzzing can change intensity. Sometimes it's a mild fizzing and other times it feels like a violent shaking and I also sometimes feel like I'm shaking all over. You can't see it on the outside and others can't feel it. Mine is there everyday. Is this the same for you? Have you found anything that has helped? Do you have any other anxiety symptoms? This just came out of nowhere for me.

2Anxious
04-10-15, 21:18
Your sensation sounds quite similar to mine, in that its predominately in my legs and the buzzing can change intensity. Sometimes it's a mild fizzing and other times it feels like a violent shaking and I also sometimes feel like I'm shaking all over. You can't see it on the outside and others can't feel it. Mine is there everyday. Is this the same for you? Have you found anything that has helped? Do you have any other anxiety symptoms? This just came out of nowhere for me.

Mine is always there to some degree, yea. And yea I've been pretty anxious my whole life. I don't remember any event that kicked this vibrating stuff off though.