PDA

View Full Version : Pushed into taking ADs, not convinced

Holliee
04-10-15, 14:33
For the sake of not wanting to repeat myself I posted about what I've been going through Here (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=174284)

I went back to the doctors on Wednesday, first time I'd been in about 3 weeks because the night sweating is stopping me sleeping right. I explained all of what is mentioned in the above post and the fact that it is literally everynight, the conversation soon turned to my anxiety.
Unfortunately I've tried CBT through the NHS so anxiety is on my medical notes, I did explain that my anxiety is at a low at the minute and being a uni student who still hasn't yet started lectures I am under no real stresses. I feel mentally fine 99% of the time.

Adamant that it's all anxiety I get told I should try antidepressants, which I've said no to before, but she was very pushy on the subject and refused to believe that I felt that wasn't the issue here.

So as of yesterday I'm taking sertraline everyday just to prove a point to a stubborn doctor, which is something I said I'd never do, my main issue here though is the side effects of sertraline are identical to some of my symptoms!?

I went looking for help so I could get back to normal and I've been given something that will make the main issues I'm having worse. I feel like I've been set up for everything to be called a side effect of the meds!

Has anyone else experienced sweating pretty much every night from anxiety? And will the pills really help? Feeling a little hopeless and dismissed

sial72
04-10-15, 14:43
Hi
First of all please DO NOT be pushed into taking anything you do not feel comfortable with.
A friend of mine had terrible night sweats and this made her very anxious even though she is not an anxious person, anyway after testing it turns out it was her thyroid and a zinc deficiency.
Have they checked you for these kind of things? Xx

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

By the way, she is being treated and is ok now

Holliee
04-10-15, 15:07
Have they checked you for these kind of things?

Yeah, I've had more blood tests in the past couple months than ever in my life!
Keep hearing menopause suggested too, but I'm only 22 and take birth control regularly so that's not the issue either :(

I think half the problem might be that when I get into the doctors office I ramble and perhaps do seem very anxious, but I'm just being sure I mention everything.