PDA

View Full Version : Really freaking

Jules31
15-09-04, 19:13
Hi everyone

I posted on my last thread earlier and so won't repeat it all here but I am feeling so bad at the minute.

All day I have been getting phases were I suddenly feel so lightheaded, like I'm losing consciousness. Often at the same time it feels like my heart just stops beating. I have some pains in my chest but keep getting lots of trapped wind there. It comes and goes all days so I'm telling myself that's what the pain is. I never usually get this with anxiety.

Right now I was just preparing tea when the left side of my face started to feel aching and numb. It hurts all over the top of my head too and I am really really giddy. As I was chopping veg, I kept feeling like I was going to fall over as I was so faint. I've never had it to this extent beforeand it feels very different. It isn't a migraine but my head inside and out is so tight.and I feel totally spaced out. It's so hard to explain but it really is scaring me. I thought I'd had all the anxiety stuff I could. I've tried breathing and calming myself down but nothing helps. The feeling in my head is like when you stand up too quickly but it's been like it for most of the day and is without the blackness. I'm getting really afraid.

I was just hoping someone could tell me they've had similar.

I really need you guys at the moment.

I'm going to try and finish my dinner though I don't want toeat.

Love
Jules

sal
15-09-04, 19:18
Hi Jules

Dont worry hon how you are feeling i often feel like that and it is common for us.

You are obviously quite wound up and stressed at the moment and these are the physical effects of it but please dont worry you are not alone with how you are feeling and it will pass.

On many occasions i feel light headed like that, and my face and head hurt. The chest pains are understandable to hon as you will be all tense and it effects all parts of your body.

It will pass and you will be fine i promise you.

Take care and here if you need to talk.

Love Sal xxxxx

sarah
15-09-04, 20:02
HIya Jules

I too have felt the fainting thing, the aches in the face/head, achey chest and heart stopping things.
It scares you more because you havent felt it before.
I dont know what to suggest because we all know what we should be doing to help ourselves so I will just say, hold on hon, it wont last!!

love Sarah
xx

lainey
15-09-04, 20:28
Hi Jules

I've had the head thing on and off since I started with anxiety and it freaks me out too, but try not to worry as it does go away. I also had a lot of chest pains and burping! A fizzy drink helps me to get rid of it and eases the chest pain too, although it's hard try and relax this evening with a long soak in the bath and try and chill out - might help to ease some of your symptoms. We are all here for you always.

Take care chuck

Elaine x

Merlinssister
15-09-04, 21:28
Hang in there. It's awful, but it will pass. Take care.

MS

Meg
15-09-04, 21:56
Hi Jules ,

How are you doing now ??

Love

Meg

sal
15-09-04, 22:20
Hi Jules

Hope you are feeling a bit calmer now. Hope you managed to get through making the tea and then took time out for you. When you feel you cant cope in situations like that, drop the reins and let others take over. You dont have to be bomb prove hon and you need times when you need time and space to get through it.

Let us know how you are, been worried about you.

Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
16-09-04, 01:02
hi there Jules,

I get similiar symptoms all the time so don't worry too much!! My face often goes numb, sometimes just one side and sometimes the whole thing. I also often feel faint and I was so scared the first time it happened!! so no, you're not alone - don't worry!! Take care.

Sarah :D

stimpy
16-09-04, 09:00
I have the totally spaced out thing, and the wobbly "just stood up to fast" thing too.

They are horrible feelings aren't they. But they will pass.

hang in there hun and try to relax.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Ian
16-09-04, 09:19
Hi Jules,

Hope that you're feeling better this morning.

As everyone else has said, it's amazing the feelings you can experience with this thing. It's easy to say this, and I find it difficult at times, but just accept that this is a normal part of anxiety and that the feelings WILL pass in time and leave you.

Do you have someone at home you can talk to? When i feel like this I talk to my wife who can usually calm me down by explaining to me what's happening.

Did you have a really stressful day at work yesterday? It sounds as if your meeting was quite tough but you DID get through it and so can do it again.

Take care,

Ian

Jules31
16-09-04, 10:50
Hi everyone

Sorry I didn't get back on line last night, I just couldn't

I managed to make something to eat and went to bed to watch tv. I fell asleep pretty early but woke up with pains in my chest a couple of times.

Dave was at work til gone midnight and I haven't seen him all week, so that didn't help..

Sal, I did give in last night and thought oh sod it if I keel over then I do. I didn't think I was stressed this week. Have no reason to be but maybe I am and don't realise

Thanks Sarah, Lainey and Merlinsister for your replies, they have reassured me a lot.

Liz, I so hate the faint feeling. I've had it nearly all week but yesterday it was off the scale.

Ian, as you can see I had noone to talk to l, though the dog did come and give me a cuddle. Normally she jumps all over but was so calm last night. Guess she knew how bad I was feeling.

Meg I very nearly gave you a call as I was freaking so much but guess it's just another day I've got through and I'm still here to tell the tale. Though I probably would have sounded like a blithering idiot.

I'm pretty wobbly again today and my chest and head hurt. Feel a bit giddy but not quite as faint as last night. Praying it holds off and doesn't get worse later.

I saw my counsellor this morning and she said it could just be a build of things as Dave hasn't been around. I find it so hard to accept when I don't think I've been stressed. Guess it could be another delayed reaction.

Anyway thank you once again all of you. I don't know who else would keep me sane some of the time.

I just feel like I've lost grip very suddenly of the progress I was making.

Anyway I'll keep you updated. Afternoons and evenings are usually worse for me. Though I've made plans to go and see my friend tonight who will pamper me a little I hope.

Love

Jules

Laurie28
16-09-04, 12:00
Jules,

I'm sorry you are going through such a bad time at the moment, it is difficult to accept you are getting all these anxiety symptoms when you aren't feeling particularly stressed isn't it.

Look after yourself, keep eating and drinking the right things and hopefully things will start to improve soon.

The anxiety monster always seems to be worse when there is no-one around for me as well and because Dave is working you obviously don't have hi as your safety net (i hope this makes some sense)

Put it down to the fact that you have been stressed fairly recently and it is just catching up with you. Try and think positive and remember you will get through this stage as you have done before

Enjoy being pampered tonight eh!

Take Care
Lucky

Jules31
16-09-04, 12:19
Thanks Lucky. My anxiety monster seems to not care whether it's sociable or not. Not sure I have been quite this bad but maybe I have a selective memory!

I've been in work for two and a half hours and feel awful again, head tight, mouth tingling, chest tight and full of air. Really don't want to play anymore

Jules

Laurie28
16-09-04, 12:22
The panic monster seems to come up with a whole lot of new symptoms when you get used to one set!! i think it is to trick you

it could be that it is just manifesting itself in a new way and these symptoms are soo much worse for you

i know this is difficult - but don't give in to it. keep giving yourself positive thoughts - even if you don't believe them

Lucky

Ian
16-09-04, 12:33
Hi Jules,

At least you got to worK!

I know what you mean about having people around. I work from home a lot of the time and I don't see Veronica from 8 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon, so have ages just to dwell on myself and my symptoms.

It really can be tough.

If you need someone to talk to I'll let you have my number and you can always give me a call. It might even help me take my mind off myself!

You can and will get trough this!

Ian

sadie
16-09-04, 16:45
Hi Jules,

Im sorry youv'e been feeling so crappy lately but if it helps you any, so have I and my symptoms are very similar to yours. I haven't been on the forum much latley so I have just read your message. I hope your feeling better now!

I too felt that I was making some headway with my anxiety but obvioulsy not as I have felt so bad over these last 2 weeks. I guess we just have to remain focused on coping with our anxiety 24 hours a day or we will suffer a 'blip' along the way.

I think the fact the Dave has not been round as much to offer some support etc will have had an affect on you and how you have been feeling latley. I know if my husband is out or whatever and I am feeling stressed out I feel so much worse. I hate the fact that I rely on him to help me in these moments of panic but thats just how things are i guess.

As for your symptoms, that are all very typical anxiety ones but obvioulsy new ones for you!! I always get chest pains, feel dizzy and lightheaded most days when I am stressed out. I get hot flashes or numbness and tingling in different parts of my body, sometimes my face or head or other times my feet. I think anxiety just throws another symptom at you when it thinks you are coping well, just to see if can break you again!!

Anyway, I do hope your feeling a bit better now and try and not worry too much about the symptoms as they 'normal' for us anxiety sufferers.

Take care

sadie

lainey
16-09-04, 22:12
Hi Jules

hope u are feeling feeling better tonite, glad to see u back on line as i was hoping u were ok last night. I keep getting different symptoms with my anxiety just like u and it does knock u for 6 doesn't it! But with time and patience I'm sure u will be ok.

Take care chuck

Elaine x

sal
16-09-04, 23:12
Hi Jules

Hon you didnt give in you got through it, however hard it was for you.

Dont forget to remind yourself how you felt is common and many of us have felt it, me included. You did so well and got through it. You are going through stress and your job isnt easy as you know but you cope and come out the other side. Hold on to that and remember how many people you help and support and you will change their lifes.

Here if you need to talk.

Love Sal xxxxx

Caz Fab Pants
18-09-04, 22:26
Jules,

How have things been? Hope you've managed to have some quality time with Dave and are enjoying the weekend.

Its a total nightmare the way our bodies come up with new anxiety/stress symptoms to completely freak us out and grind us down. For years I had really predictable symptoms and then a few years back I developed a whole new bunch, from chest pains to feeling like I had a lump stuck in my throat.

Its not nice but it does go. It sounds so silly but the only way I've found to stop it is to ignore it, tell myself its unpleasant but not serious and distract, distract, distract. I know this can be hard, especially if you're alone or you're meant to be doing something important but try not to put any energy into thinking/worrying about it. Time spent thinking about it will only fuel it and prolong it.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck
Caroline :)
x

sal
18-09-04, 23:36
Hi Jules

How are you feeling now, you know where i am if you want to talk.

Take care and im thinking of you mate.

Love Sal xxxxx

Jules31
20-09-04, 14:23
Hi Lainey, Caz, Sal

Well apart from it being Monday, I'm feeling a bit better. Still not right but not too faint at the moment.

I have had some very strong symptoms all weekend but kept it together.

I managed to go shopping on Sat with my friend and out for a drink Saturday night. At first I felt like I was going to keel over but it eased a bit after a few drinks.

Sadly, I didn't see much of Dave as he ended up working again. Honestly I've seen him for two hours in the last week. He had told me that he would be off yesterday but then things changed. So I spent all day alone feeling sorry for myself. Thank goodness we are on leave next week. I'm beginning to forget what he looks like.

I might get to see him this evening and am hoping to pop out for tea. Though he's just failed out he failed his promotion board at work, so I think I'll be the one dishing out the tlc.

Have a feeling I'll be needing to chat again by tomorrow.

Thank you all for looking out for me.

Love
Jules

Jules

sal
20-09-04, 18:47
Hi Jules

Glad to see you are feeling a bit brighter, we have to start the recovery after these blips somewhere and sounds like you have hon.

Sorry you havent seen much of Dave and you are right you will probably be giving the tlc tonight. Bet he is well down on that one.

Well you will have to look forward to your time of work together, i am sure you will have a good break.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

jo-jo
20-09-04, 20:28
Hi Jules

Sorry, just caught up with this thread.... glad to hear you are feeling a little better today, hope Dave is Ok and you are managing to give him lots of tlc - I guess he's feeling pretty pants just now.

Love Jo xxx

Jules31
21-09-04, 10:24
Hi

Well as predicted I'm feeling a bit fragile.

Dave was in a real grump when I got home but we sat down and talked and he calmed down. Understandably he's disappointed but knows he can go for it again next year if he wants. He's just annoyed because he wasn't given the right info from his bosses.

So then we managed to get out for a couple of hours and came home and chilled. Dave was asleep by 9 though so I still felt pretty much alone. Can't blame him though he. He worked 92 hours last week.

Hoping I'm just feeling yuck cos of worrying about him. Well back to work as I've so much to do before next week.

Jules

Jules

sal
21-09-04, 23:46
Hi Jules

Can see how you are feeling and on top of feeling down yourself you are worried about Dave.

Can see how bad he feels aswell, not only losing out on the promotion but maybe deep down he feels he has let you down, which will be a big burden to him.

He must worry about you so much and want you to have the least stressful life you can have and bringing home extra worries that hurt him and affect him must make it harder for him to deal with.

You can only support him like he has you and i know you will both be okay.

Just really enjoy your time of together. Bet he is more upset about letting you down, maybe wrong but he sounds very caring and bet he worries about your health 24/7.

Hope you are feeling a bit better hon, here if you need me.

Love Sal xxxxx

Jules31
22-09-04, 10:06
Hi

Sal, Thanks for the support.

You know what I never even considered that Dave thought he might have let me down. I hope he doesn't cos I'm so proud of him. I couldn't do his job for all the money in the world.

You're right he does worry about me and I sometimes forget that cos I'm so wrapped up in myself.

By the time I got home last night, I was feeling so bad that I was really irritable but he soon calmed me down.

Today I'm so giddy and my left arm and shoulder are aching so much. I could hardly move them last night,. They felt liek dead limbs.I'm beginning to think that it might have something to do with me sitting at my desk for eight hours yesterday without moving except to make tea. Oh well only a few more days to go, though at this rate I will have to come into work on friday just to keep a float.

Take care
Jules

Jules

creatrix
14-11-06, 20:11
There is an article on CNN.com today about a woman in Texas who lost consciousness and was hospitalized for a severe anxiety attack (it was in the news because her 9 year old son pulled the family van off of a busy highway). It is absolutely an anxiety thing.

Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon!!!!

creatrix
14-11-06, 20:18
oops... only 2 years late! sorry... i don't even know how i FOUND a post this old!! LOL.

Well, I hope Jules is doing well....