PDA

View Full Version : Palpitation while eating?

jenni89
05-10-15, 03:40
While eating dinner the last few nights, I've had a big thud occur in my chest that sends me into a panic. I stop eating as it's very concerning. I don't feel other symptoms other than off and on chest tightness :/ anyone experience this? The palpitations feel so hard when they happen and I haven't had them in awhile :(

Emilym80
05-10-15, 05:54
It's probably from stimulation of your vagus nerve by gas/acids coming up your oesophagus. It feels gross, but is pretty common and if it only happens when you're eating then it's highly likely that that's what's causing it. If you're concerned, see your doctor, but I personally wouldn't worry too much (I get them too occasionally).

daisyflower
05-10-15, 09:10
Palpitations can be caused by the msg in food. So if you were eating anything with flavour enhancer in (fast food/jarred sauces/gravy/oxo cubes/pot noodles/frozen pizzas, etc) then you can get them.

GingerFish
06-10-15, 10:13
I get this a lot while eating, especially if its a big, heavy, greasy meal. I've always put it down to anxiety as I get anxious when I am eating as I have a fear of puking so I sit and eat every bite worrying that I will bring it back up.

nomorepanic
06-10-15, 12:06
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Aaahhfreakout
07-10-15, 16:32
It's completely certain that the heart can be affected by something happening in the throat. I have triggered PVCs by both yawning and burping, confirmed by a monitor. I also triggered atrial fibrillation by drinking a large amount of ice cold water.

Try smaller, blander meals and see if that helps. Your throat may be irritated even if you don't feel it is.