PDA

View Full Version : Worried about alcohol/diazepam please help

Ditapage
05-10-15, 05:05
I took my prescribed 5mg of diazepam yesterday afternoon at about 12 for anxiety. At about 7pm at night I had 1/3 cup of red wine at dinner with friends, because I completely forgotten I had taken the Diaz. I had a terrible night of panic after I read not to mix these two. I didn't feel any excessive drowsiness or anything but spent all night freaked out expecting my heart to stop. It's now 3pm the next day and I'm still scared about what I did and panicking about something bad happening because Valium has a long life. I've read all the horror stories. If nothing bad happened straight away or all this time later and the alcohol is out of my system now, can I stop panicking yet? Thanks. I won't ever be doing this again. I didn't have that much to drink - 1/3 glass of red wine like I said - but I'm scared of things like delayed reaction. Thanks for reading :)

dally
05-10-15, 16:51
Nothing will happen it you.
At worse, alcohol heightens the effects if diazepam, but as you had taken relatively little of both, you shouldn't have noticed anything.

If I were you, I would use alcohol rather than diazepam to control your anxiety when out.
Alcohol is excreted in one hour for every unit of alcohol. So you know what you're dealing with.

Ditapage
06-10-15, 01:53
Thanks for your reply. I know I was being a bit dramatic now but anxiety is never rational!