PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo and nausea :(

Katiej36
05-10-15, 08:58
Hiya, I'm recovering from a horrible cold/flu and am sure it's affected my sinuses and ears too..I constantly feel the need to 'pop' my ears but I can't most of the time. But after being on a ferry for about an hour with a lot of time spent in a car too..I didn't feel too bad until I got home and laid down in bed and felt the room spinning and also felt queasy, almost like a delayed travel/sea sickness, I slept okay but now I've woken up the feeling is still here!:( any one ever have anything similar? How can I get the feeling to pass? It's making me feel really uneasy and quite anxious..

Thank you in advance, katie x

Tootie
05-10-15, 09:08
Blocked ears can cause disturbances in the flow of liquid in the little structures of the ear that keep us balance. You can also get something called labyrinths, again affect balance. Caused by a virus just like a cold.
Have you started any new drugs? I find nearly everything makes me dizzy when I start them!
Travel sickness tablets might help, ask the pharmacist. If not better in a day or two I would pop off to the quack
Hope you feel better soon

Katiej36
08-10-15, 15:14
Hiya, Thankyou so much for your reply. I hadn't started any new drugs, but I found my symptoms resolved within a day or two as my virus was also clearing up! So I'm guessing it had something to do with that! So glad I'm feeling better now, thanks again ☺️X