PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone :P

AnxiousDude89
05-10-15, 10:10
Hi everyone,

I'm new here (just signed up yesterday) and after quite some time of silently reading anxiety forums, I've decided to participate, both for support and (hopefully) provide support. :)

Here's some information about me: I'm 26 years old, working as a software engineer (video games :shades:).

I was first diagnosed with anxiety issues about 7 years ago. My initial diagnosis was obsessive ruminations, which was explained to me as a form of OCD without severe compulsions. I was constantly plagued by intrusive thoughts and was convinced that I was going crazy. After going through several treatments with little improvement for around 2 years, I met a fantastic psychiatrist who showed me how to deal with my problem. For many years my OCD has not bothered me and at times have even helped me understand myself more.

Recently, I've been on some kind of relapse but this time with health anxiety. Many times, I've pushed intrusive thoughts away through rationalization and acceptance. But with health anxiety, I find it so much harder to cope because symptoms constantly remind you that there's something there. Sometimes these symptoms may even be the result of anxiety itself, which kind of forms a vicious cycle.

Well, either way, I hope to contribute to the forums and it's nice to meet you all! :)

venusbluejeans
05-10-15, 10:18
Hiya AnxiousDude89 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: