PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle the lightheadedness?

Ditapage
06-10-15, 01:51
I am doing exposure exercises on my own and was wondering how everyone handles that sudden lightheaded feeling. I am not actually having attacks, these are more like lightheaded spells that feel like they will erupt into a full blown attack but never do. It makes me feel spacey and awful. How do you push past it to stay where you are?

nursegreenwhippet
06-10-15, 10:56
I went on a course and apparently it's because too much oxygen is getting to the brain due to over breathing. So you have to practice breathing relaxation. I do count to 2 on an in breath and count to 5 on the out breath.

Ditapage
06-10-15, 21:42
Ah, thank you, I panic because I think the opposite is happening, that I am not going enough air and I'm suffocating. Helps to know the exact opposite of that is happening. Too much air!

ray.olsen
09-11-15, 08:42
Hey

Whenever I feel lightheaded and about to experience a panic attack, I usually sit down, relax and do some breathing exercises. That normally ceases the feeling. If it's not enough, I'll drink a glass of water and lay down for a while. I hope this helps you.