PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Popping in to introduce myself

JaCkiie
06-10-15, 06:54
Hey everyone. Came across the forum on Google search after looking for ways to help with my health anxiety. Could really use some support as just of late it has reached an all time high. Medication has been doubled as well as a new medication that has been introduced but panic and anxiety attacks are still very much persisting. Have my first CBT on the 15th of this month so hoping this may help. Anyway im Jackie i have suffered health anxiety for as long as i can remember. Would always go away for years and come back now and again but been struggling persistently now for almost 2 years since my dad was diagnosed and passed from pancreatic cancer suddenly last year. Symptoms dont seem to be improving despite medication. Sick of feeling this way now. Now with 2 small children i feel more than ever that i need to try and sort this out before they pick up on my fears. For the past 14 months i have convinced myself i have motor neuron disease after my partners uncle was diagnosed and passed from it and a friends younger brother was also diagnosed. Its become the main focus of my anxiety making me fear for my life all day everyday. At no point does my mind shut of from it and its gotten so bad i feel like i have started to now get physical symptoms waking in the night in a cold sweat mid panic attack unable to move my limbs. Really hate this. :weep: Anyway thank you for listening.

venusbluejeans
06-10-15, 07:05
Hiya JaCkiie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
10-10-15, 16:39
Hi Jackie. Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.