PDA

View Full Version : Feels like nothing is working

benji80
06-10-15, 09:10
Started on mirtazapine a few weeks ago for sleep. It worked for a while then stopped working. Doctor prescribed 25mg quetiapine. Tooked that last night, still hardly any sleep. Going to doctors this morning but not holding out much hope. Probably just have the dose upped. Feel at crisis point. Maybe I should just try to get myself sectioned as I feel like I am going crazy

littlelostsoul
06-10-15, 09:32
Sorry you feel that way benji80, have you been to the docs yet? I know its not the answer but sometimes we have to try different meds before we find one that works. im lucky in that mirtazapine 30mg is working for me but sadly not for you. Be honest with your doc about how your feeling, hang in there.

benji80
06-10-15, 10:04
Doctors appointment is at 10.45. Will keep you posted. I think the quetiapien will probably be upped

Lan69
06-10-15, 10:13
I also am seeing my psychiatrist today. I feel the same that nothing is working. I take mirt, pregablin and quetiapine ! And I'm still waking up full if anxiety every morning. Somedays it wears off as the day goes on but sometimes it doesn't and it's with me all day. I hope my new psychiatrist has the answer or at least a plan.

benji80
06-10-15, 12:02
Doctor says to persevere with the quetiapine for two weeks. I still have the mirtazapine in my system. I have been told to stop the mirtazapine and just persevere with the quetiapine. Hope it all kicks in sooner as I don't feel I can on like this

littlelostsoul
06-10-15, 13:15
Hope you feel a little better soon benji80,