PDA

View Full Version : Brown speck in iris

boy
13-02-07, 16:36
This is extremely scary. I was looking at my eyes in the mirror too see if they're still nice and green (yep) when I spotted a tiny dark brown spek slap bang in the middle of the iris (meaning the middle of the iris, not the pupil). It's not just a brown cloudy bit, it's a tiny but dakr and defined speck. I'm sure this is bad. Anyone had any experiences to suggest it's normal?? I'll be going to my optician asap.

kimmy
13-02-07, 17:07
Sorry I thought you were the optition :D

NO! Then dont diagnose yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go see your optition babes, dont think of the worst! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

boy
13-02-07, 17:14
You thought I was the optician? I don't get it. Huh, it's hard not to.

anxious
13-02-07, 19:52
I have this too, its sort of a brown (almost reddy/brown) spot, very tiny almost like a freckle. I have actually noticed i have more than one, but scared myself silly when i first saw them.

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

birdinumnum
13-02-07, 22:03
Hi,

I have this too,and have had it for as long as I can remember, one little dark fleck in one of my iris's.
I thought and still think it's completely normal.
It's so funny that what scares one of us to death is nothing to another.
I seriously don't think you need to worry about that though.

Birdi

debstar
14-02-07, 02:52
I have these too in both eyes. Not sure what they are but if they were anything to worry about the optometrist would've said when I went to him.

Deb

boy
14-02-07, 22:00
Phew, thanks! :D

debstar
15-02-07, 01:32
Hi Boy,

I was kind of curious as to what it actually is and so naughty me looked this up on the net and below is what it says about it.

Pigment Spots are dark brown spots appearing at random throughout the iris. These indicate liver and pancreas malfunction. High or low blood sugar conditions should be suspected.

Please don't start worrying as there is nothing wrong with us. Anxiety and stress is what causes it as it messes up our blood sugar levels. I have also had diabetes tests recently and it was all good.

I saw a Kinesiologist last year and he said that when I get stress or anxious that it goes straight to my pancreas. He said that there is nothing wrong with me (diabetes etc). Just part of the whole anxiety thing.

So we are all ok.

Deb

debstar
15-02-07, 01:44
Just another thing I thought I should add.

I went to a Naturopath a couple of months ago and she never mentioned anything about the spots but could see in my eyes that I have alot of stress.

Deb

boy
15-02-07, 12:42
Fair enough, I accept it's anxiety. Thanks :)

RKJ
06-07-17, 12:37
I notice I have them, too. It looks like someone used a safety pin and black/dark brown paint about three or four times, that's how small they are. Did anyone find out what their optometrist said? I think I'll make an appointment with mine over the next few days. Glad I came across this site :)