PDA

View Full Version : Belated Hello

Angelcake
13-02-07, 16:52
Hello all,

Firstly I'd like to apologise for posting this Introduction after having already joining and posting for a few months. My only excuses are that when I joined, I was literally in a state of panic and selfishly dived straight in to get immediate reassurance (which I'm VERY happy to report that I did!!) and secondly, since joining, I have not had a long time, or the privacy, to really get to grips with the site and really figure it all out.

I have done that this afternoon to some extent - and feel mightlily guilty that I didn't post to this forum before now (and before receiving my fisrt star!! -Oooops [:I]).

I have General Anxiety Disorder, panick attacks, on/off social phobia, and on/off health axniety for around twenty years. I guess I was probably a very sensitive child... but coped. When I was in my early teens I had an illness that kept me off school for the best part of a year, and it was when I went back to school that the "fun" began.

I have had bouts of horrendous anxiety that have affected my whole life (and the life of those around me) for years - and then strangely - had periods of a few months/years when the anxiety seemed to be controllable and life was 'normal'(ish - lots of avoidance etc).

I came to this site in desperation last year, and watched for a while until I plucked up the courage to join. And I'm SO thankful that I did. I think I have gained as much from this site in the last few months, than I have from years of sporadic counselling and CBT. There is nothing quite like someone absolutely knowing how you are feeling.

So thank you everyone - and apologies again for doing it a bit back to front!! (story of my life :))

Sarahx

domino
13-02-07, 17:01
Welcome back sarah, do,nt know you but it,s good to have you here.

nomorepanic
13-02-07, 18:04
Hi Sarah

Thanks for the intro. It really doesn't matter in what order you post on here but it is lovely to see you here and glad you are finding it of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
13-02-07, 19:04
Hi Sarah

And welcome back hun.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

manmoor
13-02-07, 19:11
Hi Sarah,

A big warm welcome back to you nice to have you back again.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Angelcake
13-02-07, 20:54
Thank you all!! I can now carry on working towards my next star free of guilt...

;)

Sarahx

wobily_lin
14-02-07, 03:15
elo seo,

Welcome to the site...as ya have found ye will get great support on here n good advice n some friendly ppl to chat to..x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

trac67
14-02-07, 13:53
Hi sarah,

Welcome :D

Love

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'