PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! I bruise like a grape.

stimpy
15-09-04, 20:28
I seem to have a slight knock, and the next day I have a huge bruise.

I was sent for a blood test the other day, and my arm is so sore it is unbelievable.
I have a bruise from the needle hole, along the vein the blood was extracted from. A whopping 6cm long bruise in a dead straight line. [V]

I was wondering ...

Has anyone else noticed a change in how easily they bruise?

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

mabel
15-09-04, 21:19
I have trouble with bruising. I think it depends on the medication. whn I took seroxat I used to bruise really easily even if I hadn't knocked myself!!! my legs were terrible. The doc said it was nothing to worry about and just a side effect, but I would check next time you go. I'm on efexor now and still get loads of bruises but they are not too bad!!! So don't worry too much. Some nurses are better at taking blood than others and some can leave a nasty bruise and others you would hardly notice! One nurse once took 10 minutes to find a vein and my arm just looked ridiculus 2 days later!!!

Mabel

seh1980
16-09-04, 01:05
hi there,

I bruise really easily the whole time and I think even more so since I have been on meds. I'm on cipralex. I can just get slightly knocked and within about 10 minutes I have a huge bruise. I guess it could have to do with medication but I think some people just bruise easier than others - simple as that.

Sarah :D

Laurie28
16-09-04, 09:15
Hiya Liz,

I also bruise like a grape!!! I'm not on meds so can't put it down to that.

I have some corkers (that i don't know how I got) and alos seem to get little bruises at the tops of my thighs. I have had a little bruise on my arms for weeks!!)

I guess some of us are just bruisers!!!!

Lucky

Jillybaby
17-09-04, 16:41
Hi Liz, I also get loads of bruises, I always have though, even from the slightest knock. Sometimes I have huge ones all different colours and have no idea how I got them. My mum is the same, I think it can be a genetic thing, something to do with how good your blood is at clotting, or the amount of clotting factor your blood has. Its probably nothing to worry about but we anxiety sufferers tend to think the worst for everything we get dont we, Im terrible!

Anyway take care and dont worry too much.

Luv Jill xx[:o)]

Jill

stimpy
17-09-04, 18:46
The bruise is coming along nicely. :(

It is now 10 cm long and a rather fetching shade of yellow and black.

To be honest it feels more like a sprain. Even my wrist hurts.

Another thing to put down the the medication I guess.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

nomorepanic
18-09-04, 21:22
Blimey I bruise so easily - always covered in them and I am not on meds!

When I hurt my foot last year and had to go to hospital the first thing the doc said was "where did you get those bruises" (I was wearing shorts at the time).

He was more concerned about them than my foot!!

My mum is the same.

Try some arnica cream or tablets (homeopathic) works for me.

Nicola

twister
19-09-04, 23:12
I bruise really really easily too, I don't think it is anything to worry about. I look worse at the moment because I fell over on holiday and have got tons of bruises and a scraped knee - and I fell over in front of a group of teenagers who all had a good laugh at me!

Also though the size of a bruise from a blood test depends on how well they have done it. I am really pale and they always find my veins really hard to find and jab around so I usually end up with massive bruises.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad