PDA

View Full Version : has any one missed a few periods and r oki

Beckie4567
07-10-15, 20:34
I no I keep repeating myself all the time with this but I'm after new people or anyone willing to answer if they've experienced missed periods before please I m up to date with smears and had a clear ultrasound in June ( one on top not internel) but I missed period in may then Sept and now I'm due on today or tomoz and nothing yet I'm petrified of what's going on this is unusual for me anyone had simular experience thanks x

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

People have sed how common this is and yet loads of people read but noone comments so hard to believe :(

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Lol oh well

Beckie4567
08-10-15, 07:50
Please someone must of had this please

JaeBee
08-10-15, 08:09
Hi, Not me personally, I was the opposite I started bleeding and did not stop for 9 months yippee. But a very close friend, when she is stressed she skips a period. If you have been checked I am sure you have nothing to be concerned about :)

littlelostsoul
08-10-15, 08:22
Years a go I did and I was fine, I cant remember much of the ins and outs I just know I missed a few periods.
Possibly the fact that you majorly panic about missing periods could cause the stress that stops your period? I know you have posted about this before and people have given you lots of advice, have you seen the doc? what have the docs said?

---------- Post added at 08:22 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

Just to add, im currently 13 days late and still no sign of a period so could well be missing 1 now, honestly I am not worried, I absolutely hate them so if they don't want to come that is fine by me ;-), try and focus on something different.

Beckie4567
08-10-15, 09:18
Thanks guys I appreciate your comments as 80 people have looked at it and no one commented. Its just not normal for ne to miss them I've been. Stressed all my life and still havnt I just no something's wrong I went few weeks ago and she said prob hormonal and wasn't concerned as I had an ultrasound but it wasn't an internal one which I no are more accurate. I'm going bk tomoz as I wud of missed on ere in may and then two Sept ,Oct so that isn't right to me just so scared got two young kids and just wana b wee ok thanks for your comments x

littlelostsoul
08-10-15, 09:31
Have you asked your doc for help regarding how scared you get about stuff? ive had a look back at your previous posts and you seem to panic a lot over your periods etc, maybe talking to someone about your fears may help?

Beckie4567
08-10-15, 09:36
I have I've started seeing someone a therapist who I see every wed because I no I have health anxiety but that cant shadow over the fact that these things r happening I have to take symptoms seriously I cant put everything down to anxiety all the time missed periods r not normal for me! And I cant help but think the worst

littlelostsoul
08-10-15, 09:47
Your right you can't put everything down to anxiety. But reading through your previous posts, your doc has done blood tests and the like and nothing has come back. Maybe start enjoying time with your children and maybe some relaxation excercises.

Beckie4567
08-10-15, 10:36
Thankyou for your posts in not sure what u mean by done bloods and that ? They wudnt show like cervical c or oc would they? I just feel like paying for an internal ultrasound if they don't refer me for one :(

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

Cant stop crying anyone else x

nomorepanic
08-10-15, 13:58
But she doesn't have cancer so how will that info help?

swgrl09
08-10-15, 14:00
Beckie, I have told you loads of times before that I miss my period a lot. I am on the pill and it is a common side effect. As long as you are getting regular checkups and your doctors know, you are fine. If you think it is more serious and cannot listen to your doctors, then it is up to you to take it to the next step and advocate for yourself - which is what I think FMP is getting at. We can't help more than that really ... wish we could and hope you get some answers :hugs:

Beckie4567
08-10-15, 14:34
Fishspa is there any need for that responce that is just nasty and unfair to be honest

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

No fishpa is basically being rude and being not very nice to be honest there was just no need for that repsonce

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Can this be removed please

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Swgirl but how often do u miss a couple in a row ? Is that common for u tho or did it just happen out the blue as I've always been on time and ok never had problems on the pill

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Nicola can I please have fishpas comment removed its upsetting

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Hi Nicole u sed on one of my other posts that u missed 4 then 6 in a row have u had tests to rule things out what did the doc say about them. Did u ever find out what was causing them to be missed x

jayb1
08-10-15, 14:53
Beckie , it's your anxiety sweetie if you're up to date with your smears try not to worry , the worry causes the irregular periods . also I don't know if you're on medication but that causes irregular periods too.I didn't have one for 44 days, then went back to normal for a couple months then had one after 14 days. Totally normal .

Fishmanpa
08-10-15, 15:41
But she doesn't have cancer so how will that info help?

I know that... you know that... EVERYONE knows that except Beckie. She has insisted for over a year that the doctors and tests are wrong. There have been countless repeated threads about the same thing. There have been countless reassuring responses to no avail.

If she believes that strongly that she has cancer, then she needs to see the appropriate medical professionals and get the Ok from them. The point of the post is to agree with her as no one can convince her otherwise. Her response was exactly as expected.

I'll delete my post.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
08-10-15, 17:58
The point I was making was that u cant put everything down to anxiety all the time yes I have put repeative posts on here and I appoligize but you have to take symptoms seriously sometimes surely I have suffered with stress for bout 6 years and never missed a period ONCE!! So why shud anxiety cause it now that was the only point I was making.im not hurting anyone in just looking for people who have been thro it

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Fishpa so how many periods should I miss in a row before people take me seriously ???? Do I just miss every period and put it down to anxiety coz I don't think that's right do u I've missed two in a row now.

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

And can u even say I don't have it your just getting at me as I write so many points and r putting every symptom down to anxiety . Two missed periods in a row is not anxiety and if I miss another then god help me .

Fishmanpa
08-10-15, 18:33
The point I was making was that u cant put everything down to anxiety all the time yes I have put repeative posts on here and I appoligize but you have to take symptoms seriously sometimes surely I have suffered with stress for bout 6 years and never missed a period ONCE!! So why shud anxiety cause it now that was the only point I was making.im not hurting anyone in just looking for people who have been thro it

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Fishpa so how many periods should I miss in a row before people take me seriously ???? Do I just miss every period and put it down to anxiety coz I don't think that's right do u I've missed two in a row now.

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

And can u even say I don't have it your just getting at me as I write so many points and r putting every symptom down to anxiety . Two missed periods in a row is not anxiety and if I miss another then god help me .

Becky...These are your words.... You should take on your own advice.

If uve had two clear unltrsaunfs I wudnt worry they wudnt miss things on two of them they wud of def seen something x

Your doctor is attributing this to anxiety. Dozens of others have given you reassurance and that it's happened to them. If you're truly that convinced something is wrong, go get it checked out by the appropriate medical professionals. Posting here, waiting for responses and getting snippy when people read and don't post fast enough is not doing you any good.

Continue with your therapy and perhaps consider meds in conjunction. I would print out these threads and bring them to your next session. Your therapist should know about this and help you to rationalize things. Also, most therapists would disapprove of the constant reassurance seeking as it just feeds your anxiety.

I know I'm blunt and direct. I know that doesn't sit well with some. I also know that it's very difficult when you're in the midst of an anxiety spiral to see anything clearly and it can be quite shocking as well as humbling when you're made to look in the mirror at your actions. But also know that I wouldn't spend my time responding if I didn't give a shit.

You've finally made some positive steps by going to therapy. Don't flush that down the drain by doing things that are counter productive. I've been around these boards long enough to see things from an objective perspective and being that I don't suffer with HA, it's very apparent when I see someone caught in a spiral.... You're in a spiral. You may not like it but sometimes, you need that kick in the rear to see what you're doing to yourself.

Positive thoughts

Elen
08-10-15, 18:51
Totally agree with FMP.

Please print off all of these threads and show them to your therapist.

As I and others have said before, missed periods are normal and do not need to mean anything sinister.

Your reaction and refusal to believe that there is a non life threatening reason for this is imo a symptom of your HA.

Please try and take this advice on board, regardless of the reasons for the missed periods your therapist should be able to help you deal with it.

Beckie4567
08-10-15, 20:32
I sed that as she's had two ultrasounds I've had one and it wasn't internel which is the most accurate

Beckie4567
09-10-15, 07:29
I just don't like this at all def havnt come on so missed two in a row :(( cant take it no more so concerenrd pictured sayin goodbye to my kids uts horrible don't no what to do anymore

Fishmanpa
09-10-15, 12:40
just been up docs said she totally isn't worried about it normal for being on pill and I had cleat ultrasound in June.

^^^THAT^^^

Positive thoughts

Brunette
09-10-15, 13:13
As your doctor said, it isn't unusual for the pill to do wacky things to your menstrual cycle and even stop your periods completely.

If you can't accept that this is normal then perhaps you need to be looking at using a different form of contraceptive.

It goes without saying that you also need help for your anxiety.

Snaily2015
22-10-15, 14:00
yup...im like this a lot...nearly a year went by without one...stress caused it im sure, it wasn't anything medical as im now 7 months pregnant with first bambino :-) I must admit I was getting a bit worried for that entire year, then my mood did improve and I had my period for two month running, then ended up pregnant...try to stop thinking n worrying about it (ano its hard!) because its probably the stress of you stressing about it that's stopping them! x

Hannabubble
22-10-15, 14:59
Skipped periods when you're on the pill is totally normal. I've skipped months in a row myself but am fine, still here on this Earth. Lots of women get this. Trust me, you have just gotten yourself into a rut worrying which is fueling the fire.

You need to put your mind on something else. I know that's a lot easier said than done, especially for us anxiety sufferers. You really need a distraction though.

Beckie4567
23-03-16, 09:37
Back to this now I took back to back pill packets Dec because I was going to gyno then Jan was fine Feb didn't get my period again and march I'm dye on today or tomoz �� I don't feel I'm guna come on what's going on with me I've never missed a period and in the space of 11 months I've missed 3 not in a row but still

Em.ma
23-03-16, 10:58
So I take it your smear came back clear and are now back to other worries?

Mi
23-03-16, 11:19
I gave birth nearly 12 weeks ago. Breast fed for 5 weeks and still no sign of my period. I'm wondering if it could be to do with my stress/anxiety levels. Prior to this the only time I've missed a few was when I was on the mini pill. It seemed to stop my periods x

Beckie4567
23-03-16, 11:54
No Emma my smear hasn't come back yet and as u will see this has happened before so I'm not moving on to it at all

Em.ma
23-03-16, 12:02
Theirs lots of people on this thread already who say it's completely normal. Have a read back

Beckie4567
23-03-16, 12:09
All I'm saying is I've been on pill for 12 years never had 1 missed period and suddenly its happening all the time ! So its not normal for me

Em.ma
23-03-16, 12:21
Just because it's not happened before doesn't mean it's not normal though does it.
If I was asking this and you was me answering you wouldn't think I had anything wrong would you

Merlin24
23-03-16, 15:58
are you taking contraception? im new here and struggling to follow what is frightening you/causing so much anxiety

Beckie4567
23-03-16, 16:24
Yes I'm on the pill I'm concerned coz its a sign of ovarian cancer

Em.ma
23-03-16, 16:29
So you ignore me. Ok then. You get annoyed when people ignore you yet you do it to people to.
I'm out. It's a joke now. (Sorry if that seems harsh) but someone has to say it.m

Merlin24
23-03-16, 17:04
its also common when you are taking contraception. I really think you need to find something to do with your time other than look online for advice! it isn't helping you, and the fact people entertain your questions is evidently making the issue worse! enjoy life and stop focusing on negative things. I hope u feel better soon

Suziewuzie
23-03-16, 18:31
There are lots of reasons for missed periods, especially when you're on the pill and have recently taken back to back packs. There's absolutely no reason for you to think you have ovarian cancer or cervical cancer.

swgrl09
23-03-16, 22:42
I have been on the pill 8 years and most recently this past year I hardly have any bleeding ever during the period week. My doctor told me that is completely normal and not to worry because with time your uterine lining becomes so thin that there really isn't much there to shed during the period week (sometimes none at all). It's just the pill doing it's job very well.

Beckie4567
23-03-16, 23:36
At least u have some bleeding �� I'm due on tomoz ill let u no

swgrl09
24-03-16, 00:04
No, Beckie, a lot of times I don't have any. I have probably have actual blood maybe 2-3x out of the past year.

Xtrastrongbint
24-03-16, 00:28
Yeah I haven't had a period in 10 years...it's not cancer. C'mon Beckie - missing periods, spotting between, late and early periods, all of this stuff is totally normal for us ladies :)

ana
24-03-16, 10:52
I've missed periods before in the past, for several months even, and nothing was ever wrong with me. It's usually stress, change in lifestyle (exercise, diet, weight loss/gain, etc.) that's to blame, but better to be safe than sorry and check with your gynaecologist.

Beckie4567
24-03-16, 11:01
Yes thankyou all I had a ultrasound (on the top ) last year which was normal but I always think they've missed something :( us women gota deal with so much I'm also still waiting for smear results o had done last Wednesday �� x

swgrl09
24-03-16, 17:46
We do have to deal with a lot as women! Hope you get your results soon!

Beckie4567
24-03-16, 19:34
Thankyou swgirl