PDA

View Full Version : GAD and irrational thoughts

angels22165
07-10-15, 16:45
Hello

Just would like a bit of advice please. July my venlafaxine was increased to 75mg twice a day due to a blip, after a few weeks things settled now for the past week can feel myself in another blip and same irrational thoughts and anxiety as before. Rang my GP and advised me to increase another 75mg which takes it to 225mg a day, I'm very concerned as the last increase did work but side effects very hard to handle, I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to stop on their current dose during a blip without increasing and come out of the other side ok.

What troubles me is the same irrational thoughts which always come back when I hit a blip - I do try to let them float pass and not pay attention but feels like a
I'm living in a dream state, has anyone else had the irrational thoughts like mine so can advise me please. My thoughts are around why people commit suicide i used to try and think so hard on this to understand as it really did scare me, then My thought turned to the reason being is they have been feeling like me with these same thoughts so they had to, like if you get the thought its your destiny you have to and that's why people do.

I'm reading this back thinking I'm mad and how can I think this is true people in them situations do not feel they can give anymore to this life and feel the world will be better of without them and also they are not scared in dieing, but I still question this :ohmy:

It drives me crazy and for it to keep coming and going I think well it must be true they must of thought like me. Once the blip is over the thought goes and I think wow I was ill to think this way and tell myself if there is a next time I will be fine as I know what I'm thinking is not true - but here Iam back again with the same thought, so I'm wondering do I increase the meds or try and think this is me I will have blips and come through them fine.

Sometimes I think it could be hormone related to as seems to be more blips last couple of years.

I have suffered GAD for 21 years and think it could be pure o too.

Thanks for reading any help is really appreciated.

Julie x

Joe C
08-10-15, 01:00
I go through the same type of thing, have really ridiculously scary thoughts that are extremely unlikely, then next day wake up and realise I'm being ridiculous. It's a tough circle to break, but you will! :)