View Full Version : No symptoms during holter test - now full of symptoms

damianjmcgrath
07-10-15, 21:18
I've been having heart attack worries for a while so I arranged to have a holter 24hr ECG monitor done. The most annoying thing in the world happened - as soon as I had it on, I felt completely fine. No symptoms, actually felt energetic, I was almost wishing for symptoms but nothing happened. Today, I took the monitor off, and almost instantly, I'm feeling back to how I was - shaky, ill, heart palpitations, left hand numbness etc.

What the hell is that about?

Andromeda
07-10-15, 22:07
Same thing happened to me although they did actually pick them up even though I didn't feel any!

Wait for the results from the cardiologist, I imagine it will have picked them up and you'll get the all clear. 24 hrs is a long time in the world of cardiac events.

If there were any sinister rhythms going on it would definitely have picked them up!

2Anxious
07-10-15, 22:27
This should prove to yourself that your symptoms, while very real, are due to anxiety and not a heart issue.

I hope you work on your anxiety rather than obsess over your heart (like I did).

Lifelonganxiety!
07-10-15, 23:11
Shows a lot about the power of the mind in causing or feeling symptoms. If there's anything going on, 24 hours should be plenty to pick it up on the Holter and your cardiologist will see it.