PDA

View Full Version : Worried about injury from the bus - internal bleeding?

laurenmk
07-10-15, 22:44
On Monday morning I was standing on the bus, ready to get off at the next stop, and the bus driver came to such a sudden stop I was plunged forward, slamming the front of the body into the the vertical bar I was holding onto. I then kind of ricocheted off of that and went forward even further. ALL I can think about is that I have internal bleeding. I’ve tried all my tricks. My rational mind is saying, “You’ll be fine. You’ll be fine. Plus you have all that fat for padding.” :P The irrational part is stuck on internal bleeding. It’s telling me that was just like getting in an accident and slamming into a steering wheel.

I don’t want to give into the anxiety and go to A&E. I've extensively Googled ‘symptoms of internal bleeding’ and it's not making me feel worse but it's not making me feel better. They talk about how it can start days later and be really slow. Does anyone know what I should be looking for (or not) to be able to rule out and convince myself that I’m ok? Or at what point I'd be able to know I'm out of the woods?

Thank you!

Pepperpot
07-10-15, 22:53
Hi
I don't really know what you should be looking for, but I am pretty sure you wouldn't feel well at all if you had internal bleeding. x

Lifelonganxiety!
07-10-15, 22:58
Can an internet forum rule that out entirely? No. Can we say it's extremely unlikely based on your story - yes.

Just take a look at the hits these rugby players take during the world cup. The human body is very hard to break and they're dealing with a lot more force than you likely did. On top of the fat, there's muscle, bones, tendons, everything designed to protect you.

Try to relax, if any serious symptoms appear, get them checked out. But don't ruin your day by waiting or checking for symptoms that "might" appear.