PDA

View Full Version : Triggers

Joe C
07-10-15, 23:50
Hi guys, I've had GAD for about 10 years, my life is pretty stress free and I had it pretty well under control. My job deals with the general public, and a couple of days ago a girl I used to sees dad came into where I work. Although I didn't deal directly with him, It triggered my anxiety. I was always nice to said girl, but when I tried to end our relationship she went off the deep end, sending me fifty unanswered texts a day, started saying her dad was in the SAS and was gonna kneecap me etc, in the end I had to get the police involved.

I started getting text messages from her pretending to be her dad which stopped as soon as the police got involved. This was 4 years ago, when he came into the shop a couple of days ago he told one of my colleagues that he used to communicator for the sas, after some frantic googling I've found that this means if he's telling the truth he would've been pretty much a full on sas soldier. I have no idea if he knows about me and his daughter and it's probably my imagination but I'm sure he gave me a dodgy look. Anyway because as you can imagine I've told my colleagues about her and because of the stress she caused me I've said some unkind things,mi wouldn't wish anyone harm and would wish her well if I saw her but I'm now paranoid one of them will tell him next time he is in the shop and he will think I've insulted her. I know I'm being ridiculous but I'm paranoid he will come to my house and kill me. I know how silly I'm being and just needed to vent, tried worry periods and meditation but just can't shake the internal fear.

Pepperpot
08-10-15, 00:12
Hi
I'm sorry you're going through this. Your fears, although real to you, are irrational - this happened 4 years' ago, and if he was going to do anything, he would have done it by now. Also, I highly doubt that one of your colleagues will mention this to him - I mean put yourself in their shoes, would you say anything? How would you strike up that kind of conversation? Try not to let it worry you x

Joe C
08-10-15, 00:21
Thank you for the reply, my wife said even if they do say something, he's not going to kill someone for insulting his daughter. I feel so stupid:wacko:

MyNameIsTerry
08-10-15, 02:49
I'm putting a few million quid on a former SAS soldier not running around openly telling strangers be was in the regiment.

I had a mate who served in NI years ago as a recon in the regulars after he left the French foreign and given the risks to his life he wouldn't tell all but the closest people about his career.

Sounds more like thug to me. Someone real wouldn't be going around making threats when they've been in a unit like that in a "my dad's bigger than your dad" schoolyard manner.

Pepperpot
09-10-15, 22:56
Don't feel stupid. We all have worries. What is irrational/stupid to you may not be to me, and vice versa. x

Joe C
11-10-15, 23:18
Thank you for taking the time to reply guys, I really appreciate it x

Pepperpot
12-10-15, 00:08
Anytime. You feeling better about it now? x

Joe C
13-10-15, 23:33
Yep, completely stopped worrying about it now, give it a few days my brain will latch onto something else to worry about I'm sure.:blush:

Pepperpot
14-10-15, 11:11
Lol - it happens to the best of us

HaroldMorse
15-10-15, 14:21
All of us get hundreds of worries and fears in our mind.. We simply can throw it out of our mind and face the situation...
It make everything simple, think less feel good.