PDA

View Full Version : Son starts nursery, how will I cope?

MargaretHale
08-10-15, 00:11
My little boy starts nursery tomorrow. I am so frightened, it's a ten minute bike ride at peak time.

My partner has made it really clear that he will be very disappointed if I don't take him.

I feel like such a sh*tty mother, my son said this morning 'I'm so sad mummy, I have no one to play with'

I just died inside. What will his life be like? We can't do anything that 'normal' people do.

I had counselling (CBT) via Mind but they've told me that due to funding changes there's nothing else free available and I can't afford to pay. I feel like I've been cast adrift and I'm frightened.

I have no friends any more and avoid family because I'm embarrassed. Please tell me I'm not alone.

MH x

Pepperpot
08-10-15, 00:14
Hi
You are definitely not alone. I have developed fears over my son (who is 9), and I won't let him out of my sight. He rarely plays out and doesn't have the "streetwise skills" of other kids his age.
What are you scared of? x

venusbluejeans
08-10-15, 00:23
Maybe use what your son said to you as motivation to take him..... he will make friends at nursery and yes it will be hard for you but the more he goes the more friends he will make.

good luck

sial72
08-10-15, 08:13
You are not alone.
If I were you I would read Claire Weekes Hope and help for your nerves and start taking your son, you can do it xx

MargaretHale
08-10-15, 08:47
Thank you all, means so much to have a bit of support. Will let you know how I get on.

xx