PDA

View Full Version : Whooshing in ear and BP worry.

Bonnibelle
08-10-15, 09:24
I have had this whooshing noise in my ear all year on and off, I notice it more during times of anxiety or stress I must admit. I saw my GP in the summer and he said in my ear looked ok and not to worry. Recently I am struggling with anxiety and stress and I have noticed it louder like a whooshing. It's set my worries off again.

My Bp is another thing worrying me. It's usually 110/60, naturally pretty low but recently when i check it (i know i shouldn't) it's 120/80, it never goes lower and I am oanicking myself that something is wrong because for me that is up. I am freaking myself out about strokes, brain tumours...... My husband tells me i am fine and to stop checking it. He said I am just having a blip in my anxiety and that's why BP has gone up and that i need to find ways to relax but I can't as I keep worrying about my ear and BP. Arghhh.

I am stressing myself silly. Can anyone help reassure me?:)

Thanks

B

Traceypo
08-10-15, 11:28
Hi hun, I was recently in hospital on 4 hourly observations, due to surgery.
I was there 3 days, during that time, I sobbed, stressed myself, worried then finally accepted the surgery. When my anxiety was high, my blood pressure and heart rate were both high, not high enough to be a concern, but scored a one on there chart.
When I was calmer, it had reduced and at my calmest, I scored a zero on all observations.
Anxiety does raise your blood pressure.
Xxx

Bonnibelle
08-10-15, 11:36
Thanks Tracey.

Reassuring. I hope you're ok xx

countrygirl
08-10-15, 12:57
Even your highest bp reading was in the very very good and normal range so you have absolutely nothing to worry about there. The whooshing in times of stress could be due to your heart beating harder due to all the adrenaline in your system which would mean you would be able to hear your heartbeat much more than when you are calmer.

I have pulsitile tinnitus in my left ear 24/7 - started 7 years ago, I can hear the whoosh in time with my heartbeat every second of the day if I listen but I manage to zone it out most of the time. Had loads of tess/scan and no cause was found for mine.

Bonnibelle
08-10-15, 13:42
Thanks Country girl

Very reassuring.

I keep worruing about the ear thing. Worried I need to see gp but I did tell him in the summer and he looked in my ear and said it's fine?

Mines the same a constant whooshing. It feels like it's coming from just below the ear the sound.

Thanks

Bon

countrygirl
08-10-15, 17:45
I assume its in perfect time with your pulse if you feel it at your wrist? Mine is!
I literally don't notice it until like now you have reminded me and then I can hear it whooshing away.

zachgray93
08-10-15, 17:57
In my experience, when I am stressed or anxious I clench my jaw. Ultimately, I found out that this can effect your ears.. I also too have the swooshing sound but my doctor related it to the jaw tension. Hope this helps :bighug1:

countrygirl
08-10-15, 19:02
In my experience, when I am stressed or anxious I clench my jaw. Ultimately, I found out that this can effect your ears.. I also too have the swooshing sound but my doctor related it to the jaw tension. Hope this helps :bighug1:

I have always thought that mine was from my jaw as well as if I press my tongue into roof of mouth which clenches jaw the sound goes away and I do have very noisy clunky jaw joints.
Thanks for that as no doctor has ever mentioned that your jaw joints can cause it!

Bonnibelle
09-10-15, 09:17
Thank you.

I am not sure if it's in time with the pulse but I think it might be. It's a very loud whooshing. If I put my fingers in my ears then on the left you can really hear it like a vibration noise, louder than the other ear.

Bon

I assume its in perfect time with your pulse if you feel it at your wrist? Mine is!
I literally don't notice it until like now you have reminded me and then I can hear it whooshing away.

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

I think it could be as I am noticing it louder recently and i certainly clench my jaw with anxiety. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had such a bad case of TMJ I couldn't open my mouth and that was due to anxiety.

Also I have noticed when I am anxious I yawn alot and that always triggers the ear drum to start making a flapping noise like the drum is flapping in and out. So I am wondering if this is all tension.

Wanderlust
09-10-15, 10:28
I dont know if it is similar but first thing in the morning i get a moment where i can clearly hear my heart beat in my ears, i have no diagnosis for it, i do think i clench my jaw because it often aches/is stiff, perhaps there is indeed a link to the two. My diastolic has been 80-90 so thats a little higher than yours.

Cags48
13-10-15, 16:12
That BP is normal

Lifelonganxiety!
13-10-15, 18:01
Your BP is great. A lot of people would LOVE to have BP like that!

As for the wooshing sound, I have something similar. It's a constant ringing sound in my ears, mostly in my left. Years of loud music I'm guessing. But the best therapy I've found for it is attenuation. Basically, you just get so used to it you tune it out. If it bothers you, you can get help with how to do this online or through a doctor.

LilGsMama
26-01-16, 16:28
I have always thought that mine was from my jaw as well as if I press my tongue into roof of mouth which clenches jaw the sound goes away and I do have very noisy clunky jaw joints.
Thanks for that as no doctor has ever mentioned that your jaw joints can cause it!

I know this is an old post but I've had tinnitus since early Dec.. I just tried this and it quietened down! How odd!

PlantsForHire
26-01-16, 21:06
Wow. I strive for the day my BP measures 110/60 - 120/80. Consider yourself lucky that it doesn't go any higher than that. I sometimes get readings of 160/100 (I'm only 17 years old too!) at the peak of my anxiety but when I'm calm it's 120/80 (which is considered perfect). Anything higher up to 135/85 or lower down to 95/55 is considered high normal or low normal respectively.

I get whooshing in my ear when I eat high salt foods and get anxious. It becomes especially noticeable when you tense up the area around the jugular from anxiety.

Please, with a blood pressure like that there is seriously nothing to worry about.