PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I'm about to go crazy

Ssmith
08-10-15, 15:58
Hi guys,

I've done a few posts in the last day but I'm starting to get really freaked out now. Been on medication for depression and anxiety for a few years and recently just switched 4 weeks ago to Fluoxetine. Now when i first came down with this, i had a massive panic attack that happened out of the blue and lasted for hours. When i woke up the next morning, my battle with depression had started and i felt incredibly low and constantly anxious.

Fast forward a few years where I've been able to work, do things, meet a gf, get a car, move out (although I've had to move back in with my parents). My depression and anxiety have got steadily worse over time. Last night, i experienced a panic attack that felt exactly like the one i first had all those years back. I freaked out again and eventually managed to get back to sleep. I'm now in a state of intense anxiety non stop, lost my appetite, feeling disconnected from other people, not really talkative and a general feeling of unrest. I can't sit still. I'm absolutely terrified of going back to how i was all those years ago. I feel like I'm back to square one and it feels so severe, i can't even get into my car without dread. What the hell is happening to me? I feel like this is happening for no reason, therefore i can't really do CBT

Fishmanpa
08-10-15, 16:15
I feel like this is happening for no reason, therefore i can't really do CBT

Because you believe this is happening for no reason you can't do CBT? That's exactly why you should try CBT or another form of therapy. Obviously, your mind and subsequently your body are reacting to some stimuli, conscious or otherwise, that's causing the panic attacks. The point is to figure out what and why and learn some tools to control and fend it off.

Positive thoughts