PDA

View Full Version : chest pressure like someone sat on it

white1989
08-10-15, 17:38
has anyone ever had anything like this; I have a feeling like there is a massive pressure on my chest, like there is a weight on it or a small person sat on it pushing into it like across my whole chest area, I keep having to stretch my upper body out and shift around as its making me incredibly anxious, I've had it before but I'm having it right now and it's really panicking me like I'm about to have a heart attack. I've had heart checks done previously which have proved normal, could anyone offer any advice on this? it's really really freaking me out :((

2Anxious
08-10-15, 20:19
I had this when my anxiety was it its highest. It used to get worse if I got up and moved for about 10/15 seconds then it would go back to the 'normal' chest pressure. This is what first made me go to A&E about 11 months ago.

I've gone through phases where I just thought 'fk this, if I die I die' for a few weeks/months and guess what? No chest pressure/pain/anything.

Anxiety is such a horrible thing. I'm pretty sure your chest tightness is a result of how stressed and anxious you have been for so long, like mine was.

jenni89
08-10-15, 22:11
Is it painful or just a strange sensation as if there's pressure on your chest? I've been getting it too and skipped beats and it's driving me crazy.

white1989
12-10-15, 15:57
2Anxious,

Thanks for your message - I've been adopting the same attitude of 'if I die I die' as I really can't be bothered worrying so much anymore!! hopefully it is related to anxiety, it is such a horrible condition and I wish I could reassure myself that my symptoms are related to my anxiety!

jenni89,

Yeah its not really painful just a strange sensation, although I do get chest pain separate from this. I get the skipped beats too, its so scary. Have you been told yours is anxiety related? The funny thing is, I don't actually think I'm anxious about anything other than these annoying bodily symptoms, so I find it hard to believe that they are a result of anxiety if that makes sense!

jenni89
12-10-15, 20:06
I have been told mine is anxiety related. Been through a ton of stress this year but just as I feel like things are looking up, anxiety happened.

That's the funny part about anxiety is sometimes it will hit you WAY AFTER a stressful time.

I have had EKG's, Chest CT with contrast, Echocardiogram, blood test after blood test, and chest X-rays and everything is always normal, even while I was having chest "heaviness." I thought my heart was going to be the size of a basketball lol.

I have never had the skipped beats while being monitored though, so I always worry about something being "missed." However, I am sure they would have caught something sinister regardless with the tests I have had.

Good luck on your end! I am pretty sure you have nothing to worry about!

white1989
13-10-15, 09:49
that sounds like they've tested you for every possible thing so your results sound really reassuring!
I've got a cardiology appointment next week so hopefully they will be able to find if there is anything sinister going on. really nervous for fingers crossed for a positive outcome! thanks for your support!